1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
413 Posts
Not really new. They have been around for a couple of years. That's what many of us have. If you want to test one see John at the Root Beer Barrel in Brigantine. He has sold these since they first came out and fishes one himself.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought they were new because I saw a one-page article in the new June '05 issue of Popular Mechanics.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
the foot drive system is incredible on the outback.

Last year in June at Cape Cod 3 guys who weht up with me where fishing somewhere on the inside of the cape. The wi** really picked up.

One guy had an outback and he wound up towing back the 2 guys without the foot drive system.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Cool. I'll have to check that out when I get to work. They actually did win something like most inovative product, I think from PM, for their drive system about 5 years ago. Good to see they are doing another story.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
The drivve produces a lot of torque. Think of it as a tugboat. On a calm day a paddler and peddler travel at about the same speed but send a rushing tide against the two and the hobie peddler will leave the paddler in the dust. I have towed many people back to the dock when they couldnt paddle against the tide. Usaly youngsters AI have taken out with their parents. Last summer I towed two kids back against the tiide and passed their parents like they where standing still. The negative to the outback is it iis big and a bit heavy. The pluses are so numerous I am finishing up on a article for the hobie website explaining the fishing advantages. I am now at 7,000 words and Im not done yet. Hobie ownwers learn new tricks and techniques almost every time they go out. Like the yo-yo technique....... I pushed the hobie outback as the best fishing kayak in the world 4 years ago and was flamed heavily by other yak fisherman. Many of those people who ripped me a new one, now use the Hobie outback. Rumor has it that afleet of Hobie outbacks are forming in Mullica HILL.
Barrell

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.