BASS BARN banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
The drivve produces a lot of torque. Think of it as a tugboat. On a calm day a paddler and peddler travel at about the same speed but send a rushing tide against the two and the hobie peddler will leave the paddler in the dust. I have towed many people back to the dock when they couldnt paddle against the tide. Usaly youngsters AI have taken out with their parents. Last summer I towed two kids back against the tiide and passed their parents like they where standing still. The negative to the outback is it iis big and a bit heavy. The pluses are so numerous I am finishing up on a article for the hobie website explaining the fishing advantages. I am now at 7,000 words and Im not done yet. Hobie ownwers learn new tricks and techniques almost every time they go out. Like the yo-yo technique....... I pushed the hobie outback as the best fishing kayak in the world 4 years ago and was flamed heavily by other yak fisherman. Many of those people who ripped me a new one, now use the Hobie outback. Rumor has it that afleet of Hobie outbacks are forming in Mullica HILL.
Barrell

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.