BASS BARN banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my fiance to try kayaking and she loves it. She was using the Ocean Kayak Prowler I bought used. She did pretty well with it, she was happy with it. I was thinking of getting her her own or two new ones so we can go together. I have little to no interest in fishing off of it. I am 6'2" and she is 5'11" so I need something to fit is tall people in. Stability is a big thing for her as is ease of use. We will mainly kayak in our lagoon in BHW, lakes and rivers in the Pines and down in the Keys. I see so many different reviews and options I have no idea what to get. We will not use it a lot but I still want a decent one. A comfortable seat and staying dry would be nice too. I do not need rod holders, it if has them great if not oh well. I would like something that tracks better than the Prowler (may be me not the kayak though, I'm new to this). Something I could get iff of without having a wet *** would be nice too. Can I do this without spending a ton of money? What would you all suggest?

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
There are so many brands and so many models why don't you go around to shops and demo some different boats. I know if price was no object she would want a foot driven kayak. Ive done demos with women for decades and 100 % choose a foot drive over a paddle after trying both.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.