BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
revolution

There will be a revolution over night if this passes, if they think they are going to stop us from fishing, their sandly mistaken. The fishmen of this country will turn it up side down. I can see regulations for fish but it will be an off the wall fight if this agenda passes

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Outdoorsman, Sportsman are generally NOT supporters of the current administration.

While I don't see an all out ban on fishing, it's possible though, they're ramming poor HC legislation down our throats so who knows, the administration really DOESN'T CARE what we think, we didn't and probably wont vote for him again anyhow.

Something to keep an eye on.

·
Registered
625 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't care about the counter point, Obama and his administration are an absolute disgrace. I wouldn't put anything past them or any politician for that matter. If they can get more votes banning fishing they will ban fishing. But, I sincerely hope that this happens so I can turn to all you a$$h0les that voted for him and say thanks you. You listened to some jerk who said CHANGE and ran for him. Are you friggin kidding me you jacka$$es. To those who say this could never happen remember "then they came for me!"

·
Banned
7,247 Posts
Wow!

That was good, a very positive posting. But before you get too carried away, let's look at who REALLY damaged the Jersey shore fishing this past year. I think we all agree it was the Magnuson-Stevens Act, which, I might add, Obama had nothing to do with. It was signed first signed into law by (Republican) Gerald Ford (1976), with later amendments in 1996 and 2006. In fact, it was our very own George W. Bush who not only supported it in 2006, but actually strengthened it.

Don't take it from me. I encourage you to make your own INDEPENDENT decision, not guided by extremest rhetoric from the left or the right or filtered through media with their own bias. Here's the link folks, from the Bush Administration itself, not filtered by any journalist, entitled "BUSH ADMINISTRATION RECOMMENDS STRENGTHENING OF MAGNUSON-STEVENS ACT":

http://www.publicaffairs.noaa.gov/releases2003/jun03/noaa03081.html

If you don't like Obama, then that is GREAT. But don't blame him for stuff he had nothing to do with. Learn the facts first.

·
Registered
10,014 Posts
Here's what he said sept 2008 to Sportfish magazine

Such a process should include outreach to the sport-fishing community to explain both the scientific basis for the action and the expected conservation benefits to future fishing generations if it is to gain the community's active support.

So here he said he wants the input of fisherman, yet NONE are on his panels. NOT A ONE. And they are refusing any input. Sound like one of his 'confrences' like on jobs or HC, where he pretends to listen and act rationally, then says " THE TIME FOR DEBATE IS OVER"

Why is that could he be lying, and talking double talk? Yup, he's a liar, and he's dangerous.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.