BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wishing you all a great start to another season. Hopefully it will be as good as last year.(If we can afford the fuel)
Broke down and bought a new motor for the Parker. Should be back in business by April 9th.

Capt. Jim

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Congrats on the new power Capt Jim. I was across from you at HBV last year. I made the move to BZL due to the poor water conditions on my dock. Hope yours is better.

Good luck and I'll see you out there.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.
Paul, went wit a 200hp Yamaha HPDI. Did alot of research and talked to an engineer at Parker Marine who had performance specks of lots of engines. Since my last outboard was a 16 yr old Yami and still running fine, I figured they must be ok.
Compared the 200 HPDI to the 225 four stroke.
The HPDI was faster out of the whole and had pretty similar fuel comsumption. I'll still be burning oil but it was alot less money.

Should give me a bit more range than the carbed engine I had. Got a fair deal at Campbell Marine in Somers point.

I NEED TO GO FISHING!!!!!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Jim...very nice. I saw our friend Jim D. last night and he told me that you repowered. I did the same exact repower fro my 21 Mako...200 hpdi from Corky.

I expect to do more longer range fishing this year with the new power...that old, smoky 85 Johnson was scary to run at times...especially in the bay.

Hope to see you out there....

MMNuts...aka Tom

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tom,

Seems like alot of that going on. Saw Donny (Formerly of the Miss Cape May) and his co -worker. They bought the same engine for a Seo Ox.
Did you get yours yet? Corky is picking up my boat on the 28th. Should be in by April 8.
Good luck.
Where do you keep your boat?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Hey meshugana, It's the MENCH. Up Up and away! Faster than a speeding bullet. Now I have absolutly no chance of keeping up. Tell Corky you know me. I bought my first 25 hsp Johnson off him in Northfield. He knows me as the Fluke Champ. Hey Mozel Tov on the new motor. ( Did Ron say he's a HVM) Steve London A.K.A. DINKY

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Cap'n Jim.....Good Luck with your new motor...
would like to repower my 18 ft.Manatee....That
90 h.p.E-tec Evinrude sounds pretty good to me
Got a 1986 Evinrude 140 on the boat....Don't know what the difference in preformance would be.
C.U.down the shore.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.