BASS BARN banner

What say you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I actualy need to buy a new saltwater spinning reel. A blue destroyed my old plastic body reel. Ive searched here and there and narrowed it down. What do you guys think? I threw the penn in there just to get things going...;)

Should it concern me that the Tierra is 13oz compared to the Boca's 24oz? Its a very light reel. Where did they shave that weight?

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
J.R. Tool said:
I actualy need to buy a new saltwater spinning reel. A blue destroyed my old plastic body reel. Ive searched here and there and narrowed it down. What do you guys think? I threw the penn in there just to get things going...;)
I have 2 Sargus4000 and 1 Sargus6000, love them both. For 80$ you cant beat the price in my opinion.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man, you are a die hard phan. I have a penn 5500ss and a levelwind 9. The levelwind mechanism broke off but i still use it. The 5500 is pretty good but since i got my Abu Record, im spoiled. Its so smooth, the 5500 seems clunky with no infinite anti reverse and poor balancing. It is pretty tough though and still gets in the mix. I just want to try something new in the spin class.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
J.R. Tool said:
Man, you are a die hard phan. I have a penn 5500ss and a levelwind 9. The levelwind mechanism broke off but i still use it. The 5500 is pretty good but since i got my Abu Record, im spoiled. Its so smooth, the 5500 seems clunky with no infinite anti reverse and poor balancing. It is pretty tough though and still gets in the mix. I just want to try something new in the spin class.
Sargus reels are the smoothest I have ever felt, and have great drag!!:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts