BASS BARN banner

New Ride

736 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Captainbob 
#1 ·
My 1990 Pro Line 210 CC has been replaced with a Sea Chaser 2100 Offshore CC. Sea Chasers are made by Carolina Skiffs. I figured it was about time to get a new boat to go with the new ETEC I purchased from Barnacle Bills last winter. I picked up the boat this week from Jarvis Marine. They took my Pro Line in trade, swapped out the motor, and ssent me on my way with a full tank of fuel!

I haven't had it in the water yet, but my test ride on a sistership indicated that this is going to be an upgrade. One of the main selling points for me was amount of freeboard (29") which will hopefully keep me and the gang safe when fishing in the rips. Currently, I'm working on outfitting including more rod holders, electronics, etc. Hope to be done in time to get in my slip by the end of next week.

See less See more
#6 ·
Mar Vic Too

In the family, we will probably still refer to it as the LMV (little Mar-Vic), but I do plan to display the name MAR-VIC TOO on the sides.

#10 ·
Friday Afternoon

I assume you are talking about Friday 4/11. Not 100% sure if the Mar Vic Too will be in the water by then, but I'm trying. Hope to deliver it to Ralph by Wednesday, but then it's out of my control. My time is still being split between Lincoln Ave project, LMV outfitting, and BMV spring projects. The on & off rain delays aren't helping, but at least today turned out to be rainless despite the threating forecasts.

The high tide is around 1 PM on Friday.

#13 ·
Trim Tabs Included

Considering the price of the Sea Chaser, I'm surprised at the things that are standard equipment. I guess it's their Carolina Skiffs no frills approach on deck finish and some other areas that keep the costs low. The Lenco automatic retracting trim tabs are standard as is the Sea Star hydraulic steering and a full set of Faria guages. After I get her in the water, I'll try to let you know how the trim tabs affect performance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.