BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi huys been enjoying this site for a few months i just got a 23' open bow starcraft. i live 70 miles north of phila. was wondering where a good place to start might be when the weather turns?
any tips for bait and areas will be greatly appreaciated and i will share the same when i learn the game thanx guys

·
Registered
317 Posts
Long beach Island in April. Might be a hike for you though. I live 15 mile south of gettysburg and still make the commut usually weekly so you know its gotta be worth it.

·
Registered
13,030 Posts
Our own Big Basstard used to live up there in Pen Argyle. He did most of his fishing in the Brick area. It's a long haul to Cape May. HAPPY DAYS.

Ding

·
Registered
489 Posts
I think the closest spot for you would be Northeast Philadelphia... The Delaware River... They get some big ones up there around the Tacony Bridge for sure.. Never fished it, so I can't help with the wheres (exactly) and how's...

And Welcome to the Barn!

[ 03-20-2004, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Ramblin ]

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Hi big Jack 542,Welcome to the site,Brother Murp District #1,Cape May is the Place,April thur June,Stripers and Drum fish,you have the Rips that?s a Run and Gun type,the D-Bay for Chunking the Big ones more laid Back,SlougterBeach for Big Drum fish,and the thing is,you have friends and members that will show you and give you GPS numbers,Email me if you come to Cape May,Good Luck with your new Boat

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Hey Big Jack I would first like to ask if you are fishing for Food or Fun?For the Food a great place to start is in the upper Del.Bay,Try Bloods and Bunker Fresh herring if you can get it.There are many places to list the one good spot that I would try first is the Oak avenue ramp in Salem ,NJ There are a ton of good sized Stripers there in the Spring,And you dont need a Jersey license to fish there,You could also try crossledge ,The Flats off Fortescue They will all produce Quality Bass.For Fun Why Travel far?point you truck down 422 and Head for the Del.river there are so many places to fish for bass above the Del.Memorial Bridge it aint funny.Any Flat on the Jersey side will produce Big Bass in about 2 weeks things should be rollin,Try off DOD in pedricktown,Floodgates in Bridgeport,the sand Flats across from the Navy Yard,Man I could list a hundred spots they will all produce Bass,Oh yeah i forgot The Flat just south of the Big Timber just north of Eagle Pt.Outgoing tide WHAM.Blood Worms and live or Cut Herring are choice here,E-mail me for ramp locations and some GPS Numbers I could use some company up here on the river.Except for the Beach guys threr are very few people that Fish above the Airport which leaves these fish wide open,Remember to use in-line Circle hooks above the C&D Canal and Good Luck,HRL
:cool: :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Crew! I've been visiting your site for a couple of weeks now, I registered on 3-21. From reading your boards you guys seem frendly and have a good bit of fun.It's always good to find people with a sincere interest in the fisherie. I've been fishin the Brigantine area for about 25yrs consider it my home port, done well at times with the stripes and flatties in the inlets and the backwaters.I like to fish Cape May and the Susky Flays too. If anybody knows me already and is thinkin aw crap there goes the neighborhood, sorry...feel free to blame the Grimreaper he turned me on to your site. I hope it's a good year for all of us! P.S. Hey Grim, if everybody who bites it is in heaven a half hour before the devil knows there dead, I'd guess that'd put a damper on your soul collectin' wouldn't it?

·
Banned
5,940 Posts
Darn that Grimreaper! First he comes in my room at 6 in the morning after the barnfest and tries to hijack my bed as a trampoline and now he brings some new guy who just told everybody you can find fish around Brigantine.

Grimmy, we need to have a little talk.

Welcome aboard, bigjack542 & Leadslinger!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
bigjack, that 23 is too big a starcraft for the delaware, I suggest you trade me for my 18 footer, much handier for the smaller waters

:D

Good luck and welcome to The Barn!

·
Registered
685 Posts
BigJack - Welcome to the Barn - Trenton is only a short run from Reading. Spring runs should start heating up in a week or two. Take RT1 across the Delaware river and south on 29 about 1 mile to Duck Island exit. Free ramp is about 1/4 mile down. Expect a line of fishermen waiting to launch and retrieve boats at the peak of the spring run. Could be a 1/2 hr wait or more.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.