BASS BARN banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Catch anything?

Haha, just kiddin - shouldn't they have a night vision option by now? Never really played with em, but if they have a trolling cam and not a night vision cam I'd be surprised.

RyanF

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can get after market night vision for it but i cant be bothered by changing lenses from day to night. This is it for me now for this fishing season if it works out as far as being fun for me, Ill look into a better night vision video next yr

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
You can get after market night vision for it but i cant be bothered by changing lenses from day to night. This is it for me now for this fishing season if it works out as far as being fun for me, Ill look into a better night vision video next yr
Not worried about the lights spookin fish, especially with the constant movement? Or letting every angler for miles know what you're doing? If not, are you worried that you may anger other anglers in the area who think you are doing those two things?

Just food for thought, because you are 100% correct though, if it "works out as far as being fun for you", than that is all that truly matters....as long as you don't negatively impact someone else's idea of doing that same thing.

RyanF

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Not worried about the lights spookin fish, especially with the constant movement? Or letting every angler for miles know what you're doing? If not, are you worried that you may anger other anglers in the area who think you are doing those two things?

Just food for thought, because you are 100% correct though, if it "works out as far as being fun for you", than that is all that truly matters....as long as you don't negatively impact someone else's idea of doing that same thing.

RyanF
No the lights only go on when I hook up with a fish!! Mostly or all most all the time with friends or by myself so theres nobody to piss off!! And what are you talking about someone elses idea as far as I know by all the posts i put here and elsewhere i am the only one trying to do this and how could I possibly negatively impact on someone else. Im sorry but you lost me

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
He means someone else's idea of it being fun for them.

I was gonna mention something along the lines of the lights and fish.......While I do think it'd be cool to be able to get good video at night, I personally wouldn't want the lights on anywhere near any fish i'm out after.

If you do decide you're willing to go the IR route, I found some waterproof lights online that aren't expensive. Though the lens changing seems to be a bit of a hassle.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
please send cj might not have seen them yet but i have been looking

yeah i hear about the lights but the way or the way i been fishing with friends or myself it shouldnt be a issue i think but ill see

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Thats alot of light......It would totally wreck my night vision, besides that I thought the nice thing about a kayak was stealth?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I was only implying that having some guy blast on the headlights everytime he hooked up might make it less enjoyable for the guy across the way stealthily attacking the same piece. Or it might draw attention to someone else's "fun time" spot where he could disappear into the darkness and catch a few fish.

Like I said, I am all for going out there and doing what you enjoy as long as it does not start to impact other people. And nothing ruins a good, quiet night on the water, or even a spot in general, more than lights, noise and numbers.

Not a knock, just some things to consider.....

RyanF

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The setup with the lights that i have setup now all most shine directly down over my head which enables the cam to see my lap and front of the yak which is the shot im looking for anyway. Yes you will be able to see my lights if your out there but besides the guys i go with i have never seen another kayaker and only one boater all of last yr. I wont spot burn but i will say its narrow, dark and lonely. I take all your points but Im not into showing other people what im doing either so trust me if others are around (and i hope there not) lights will stay off unless its that 50 lb cow lol

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I'll be looking around for the lights to steal your spot this spring.

Just kidding, enjoy it out there. You've got a week to finish up the project.

RyanF

·
Registered
6,515 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Hey bud, think your email got hacked? Got a weird email this morning.

RyanF
Yeah, I got a whole bunch of failure notices kicked back to me......definitely was not my doing.

oh well I'm not really worried about it. I don't even remember who half the people in my contact list are lol.

·
Registered
10,113 Posts
Is the OP filming a TV show??? Why would anyone want that contraption filming them??? Just seems odd to me??? Are we fishing to post videos on facebook. Sorry, I just don't get it. I must be getting old.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is the OP filming a TV show??? Why would anyone want that contraption filming them??? Just seems odd to me??? Are we fishing to post videos on facebook. Sorry, I just don't get it. I must be getting old.
Don't be sorry maybe you are old or" just" well you know a as;;;;;e
Odd to you just might be normal to everyone else. Or you might be right
but I think your wrong but hey thats just me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts