BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, heard a few things about this site and thought I'd give it a try. Recently moved to Milford/Milton area and have been checking out a few places to put in the boat. We need a local, reputable bait store and somewhere close to home to launch the boat without having to spend hours in traffic getting to "the beach".

Thank you

·
Registered
31,673 Posts
welcome aboard but i cant help with the OTHER SIDE:)

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Welcome to the barn!
I'm in New Castle De. We keep our Albemarle at Cedar Creek Marina. We found the marina because we often trailer our McKee Craft to the public boat ramps across the creek.

Off of route 1 take route 36 east. Go down around 5 miles. Turn left at the street before the drawbridge. On the right is a bait shop 422-4227. I don't remember their name, but they always treat me right!

The public ramps are on the right just past the bait shop. If your use to the ramps in NJ - you'll swear you died & went to heaven. Delaware has the nicest public ramps - hands down!

E-mail me if you need any further information.
George

·
Registered
219 Posts
Milford

Cedar Creek Bait and Tackle has all you need. Owner is great and will gladly tell you where the fish are and how to catch them. The boat ramps are great and there is a marina across the creek if you choose. There are several reef sites within ten miles of the beach. There is also a commercial fishing fleet here as well as a lauch service that services Big Stone anchorage and beyond. I was out in my skiff last fall with my son on a day we should not have been there and a commercial boat "shadowed" us until we made the jetties. Many thanks to the crew of the "Luca"!!!
Here are some links to the bait shop and marina.
http://www.cedarcreekbaitntackle.com/
http://www.cedarcreekmarina.com/

·
Registered
90 Posts
ditto what bigdan says, Tom and Judy @ cedar creek bait and tackle are great, right at the state ramp, great little shop. the road you turn left onto off rt 36 is lighthouse rd, bait shop up on the right. watch you depth @ low tide as the channel to the jetty is on the left side while heading out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a bunch!

I just checked out both sites, thanks! The marina looks real nice...probably can't afford it but we will still check them out. But, the bait and tackle store advertises boat space and storage too and it's in the same area. We'll definitely have to stop in and take a look around and get some info when it warms up a little more. Does this part of the Delaware Bay have sharks? Bigger ones than the spiny dog fish?

W

·
Registered
513 Posts
There are 8 ramps there, which are pretty nice. However, watch at the bottom of the tide. If you have a long trailer, you can drop the wheels off the end of the concrete ramp. Not a problem when unloading, put an issue when trying to recover. Mine is about 34 foot with a float-on design and had it happen twice when launching. Otherwise, a great place to head out from. Plenty of parking as well. Watch your depth finder on the way out around the bend to the jetty extension. The channel isn't well marked.

·
Registered
921 Posts
tom and judy at the bait store let me keep my boat and trailer there for awhile, while i got new bunk boards for replacement. one bunk split and i didn't want to trailer it back home till i fixed it. awesome people and the ramp is the best!!!!:D :D you come out on the bays best fishing grounds and in the middle on the bay. always launch out of missipillion!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wilson, does Missipillion have clean bathroom facilitys? the old lady has issues on this subject and drives me nuts , she'll probaly get me drinking again!!! thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
seadrifter1 said:
Wilson, does Missipillion have clean bathroom facilitys? the old lady has issues on this subject and drives me nuts , she'll probaly get me drinking again!!! thanks in advance for any info.
There are port-a-potties at the boat ramps. Cedar Creek Marina has clean bathrooms & showers.
I don't think that the bait shop has public restrooms.
George

·
Registered
474 Posts
Brave the traffic and come on down the beach! Indian River has an awesome boat ramp and a great tackle shop on location. It's called "Hookem and Cookem" and Bert runs a first class operation.

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
Call ahead for bait at Cedar Creek B&T, if they don't have it you should try Cedar Creek Outdoorsman (see Dan)which is on Rt 13 just north of Rt 36. Can save some time before you drive all the way back there and find out they are out. Fresh bait moves fast. Welcome aboard, I'm am also at Cedar Creek Marina

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cedar Creek Bait and Tackle hasn't opened for the season yet. It looks they're doing work to the inside and outside. We took a drive over there yesterday. Double G you were right! I bet the parking lot is filled with trailers during the summer. I checked out one of our maps and maybe I am wrong but looks to me like launching from Mispillion would get me to some of the areas south quicker than if we were to launch the boat further down...???? I talked to some fisherman in the area and they told me the hot spots on the bay were broadkill slough, coral beds for drum, G buoy, a beach ball, anchorage, brandywine, and 14' light. There's reef sites just a few miles away from the Mispillion inlet too. It looks like EVERYTHING is just outside Cedar Creek.... I'm for the "easy button" when it comes to fishing, the fastest and easiest way I can get there. There were a few guys fishing off the ramps, they were pulling up white perch.

W

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Notales, i keep my boat in S. Bowers beach and i am going to be down there probably every weekend this year. bowers beach isnt that far from you, awesome ramps and close to good fishing grounds.

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
All the reasons you mentioned to launch there, I have only seen fishing boats launch there also.
NoTales said:
Cedar Creek Bait and Tackle hasn't opened for the season yet. It looks they're doing work to the inside and outside. We took a drive over there yesterday. Double G you were right! I bet the parking lot is filled with trailers during the summer. I checked out one of our maps and maybe I am wrong but looks to me like launching from Mispillion would get me to some of the areas south quicker than if we were to launch the boat further down...???? I talked to some fisherman in the area and they told me the hot spots on the bay were broadkill slough, coral beds for drum, G buoy, a beach ball, anchorage, brandywine, and 14' light. There's reef sites just a few miles away from the Mispillion inlet too. It looks like EVERYTHING is just outside Cedar Creek.... I'm for the "easy button" when it comes to fishing, the fastest and easiest way I can get there. There were a few guys fishing off the ramps, they were pulling up white perch.

W

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
OK - who's heading out of Cedar Creek this weekend?
I'm heading out from Friday thru Sunday. Three days and two nights to fill the coolers with bass & drum. Shout on channel 68 if you need a report.
George

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
fish gutz said:
i'm gonna try to get out on saturday, looks like the best day. i trailer down to the public ramp.
Here's the marine forecast for Milford:

Fri
W winds around 5 kt. Seas 1 foot or less.
Fri Night
S winds around 5 kt. Seas 1 foot or less.
Sat
Se winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
Sat Night
S winds around 10 kt. Seas 1 to 2 ft. A chance of showers.
Sun
Se winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming E after midnight. Seas

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
George I'll be down on Sat, what time do they open 7AM or 8AM. Do you know if Cedar Creek B&T or outdoorsman will have clams. I just call Dan tomorrow and hopefully reserve some:)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts