BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang! The Air Force decided they needed me in NJ so here I am at McGuire AFB. Was stationed at Andrews AFB in MD for 10 years and fished the Chesapeake every chance I got, but now I am in a strange area and don't know where to go. I did get lucky though. I have a friend up here that has a house right on the water at West Beach Haven, right before the bridge over to Long Beach, right off of 72. I am able to keep my boat at his dock. Looks like I'm just a few miles south of Barnaget Light.

I have a 22' walk around and like jigging and bottom fishing, the latter my wife loves. If anyone can help me out on some spots I'd appreciate it.

Fred

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Hey Slowpoke, glad to have ya in Nj. We arent aloud to post exact spots on here, but i dont mind helping ya out. Email me at [email protected] and I will share some tips for ya on fishin barnegat bay. Once again glad to have ya in Nj and welcome to The Bass Barn!

Have a great weekend

Ryan

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Welcome to the area and "the Barn". Sorry I can't help you out with the boat fishing spots, as I am a land-based fisherman. But since you?re so close to LBI, there are plenty of opportunities to surf fish in the area. Just look for a jetty and fish close by. Let me take this opportunity to thank you, and the men and women who serve with you, for all that you do to keep us safe and free from tyranny. Keep up the great work and be safe.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Slowpoke/Fred,

Welcome to the BassBarn.Com,
Glad To Have You Aboard..........

Perfect timing, most of those Big Chessy Bass
are now off our waters...

When you get a chance check out the thread
anchored above in this forum title 4-B Fishing Reports.Some useful info is in there including
maps,tides and weather for Barnegat Bay and the surrounding offshore area. Also all the members in there that have posted info/reports fish this great area of New Jersey.. So you might want to even email any of them for some local info..

Good Luck and Enjoy the Site....

[ 06-24-2005, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts