BASS BARN banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just docked my boat in the Grassy Sound area and was hoping to get some feedback about timing of the fish...what's around and when ...really looking forward to my rookie season and any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Please and thank you in advance :)

BDK

·
Registered
20 Posts
Watch going through Hereford Inlet - sandbars. I don' t know much about it, but talk to some of your fellow fisherman from that area before you go out front. Deceiving.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Use the search feature. Tons of info. Best bet, as others will suggest, is go see Fred at No Bones. He goes by Chunking on here.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Like he said go see Fred and I wouldn't even think about going thru Hereford inlet without a lot of research my boat is in the north wildwood marina feel free to contact me if I can help with anything

·
Registered
847 Posts
need help running through herfords???let me know I keep my boat at herford island marina,i run the inlet all the time....NEVER a problem(knock on wood) don't let it scare you..... : ))

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would love catch up with you Captain and learn a few tricks... hopefully ... thanks for responding

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And thank you guys about Fred and No Bones... I know my son has been in there a few times.. I will for sure stop by and introduce myself... I appreciate the advice.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
what size boat are you running..what are you looking to target...weekdays or weekends..all factors that will help you get more specific answers... on most days hereford is easy to exit through..the challenge is returning..but like anything practice makes perfect...however herefords does not allow for to many mistakes

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
need help running through herfords???let me know I keep my boat at herford island marina,i run the inlet all the time....NEVER a problem(knock on wood) don't let it scare you..... : ))
You been out through HI this year yet? Seems pretty much the same as last season. I don't have my boat in yet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a 20' trophy with a 125 behind it. It is in the water as of this week. Still have some setting up to do but plan on taking a shake down cruise on Saturday.

I would say that most of my fishing will be weekends with the occasional weekday bonus run.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
weekends are tough to fish in the back as boat traffic can get intense..early morning is your best shot in the back...i would talk with kevin(rageboat) about using herefords..another option is to run down to cape may and use the canal for the bay or cm inlet for the ocean.. good luck... with your boat you have plenty of boat to head out into the ocean on most days..not talking off shore but within a few miles

1 - 17 of 17 Posts