BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm new to this forum. I registered last year when I bought my kayak. Kind of forgot about it while having all that fun fishing out of my kayak. Anyway spring is here and I'm itching to get out on the water again. Life has thrown me a few curve balls and I'm trying to approach them creatively. My girlfriend was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lyphoma in March. She gets chemo every other Tuesday. I mentioned wanting to take my boat out soon, and she asked that I please not go alone. I'd really like to make a few new friends with kayaks and spend some time fishing this summer. I have an OK prowler rigged for fishing and I'd really like to get it back in the bay and maybe even venture outside. I live in Bristol PA so belmar manasquan and LBI are points of interest. I know the LBI waters best, since I spent many summers boating there with my father. Anyway I'm looking forward to making friends, posting to the board, and catching some fish!

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
I only fish at night around AC TO OC if interested. Always wear your life jacket if shes worried. When it warms up fall off on purpose and practice climbing back on. It can be a lot harder then you think.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah I always wear a vest when I'm alone or in rough or crowded water. I should flip my boat before I take it out in the ocean though. My prowler is very stable but it's always a possibility. What's it like paddling out into the ocean off the beach? I've fished the OC bay near the golf course and corsons inlet. I'm interested in fishing near AC and margate as well.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Right now the ocean is flat as a lake .So the ocean all depends on conditions. Waves are your enemy. I wont go out in the ocean if the waves are over waist high.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Barrel I've never fished the bay at night. I'm kind of interested. I have a light for my kayak and a head light that's probably good enough to start with right? Do you encounter a lot of powered boats at night? I'd assume not too many.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Sully I am always on the lookout for people to buddy up with and I typically fish the same region. I usually post before I head out to to let people know so if your free your welcome to join. Good luck to you and I hope everything works out well for you in this tough time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Scott. Would you be interested in sedge island at all? I've never been. I'm trying to pick a good day this weekend or sometime next week.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I will probably be trying to get out early this sunday if your available then.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I usually play flag football on Sundays, but it's looking like a much better day to fish compared to Saturday at this point. Did you have a place in mind, or would sedge island be the spot?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hadnt really put too much thought i was going to target fluke if u know the sedges well than im down for anything ive been there once before

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd like to target fluke as well. I've never fished the sedges before though. I hear it's best to launch at area 21 and there's lots of shallow water.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Looks like i wont be getting out tommorow...I will be working til 1 tonight now...good luck out there if you go!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All good. I think I'm still going to head out. Anyone know if I can access launch area 21 before 7? I saw island beach park opens at 7.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts