BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Pot must measure no larger the 30" on any side.

Pot entrance openings must extend inward, be oval in shape, no larger then 7" wide 4" high.

Pot must have biodegradable panel and terrapin extruder device.

No floating line can be use to attach float/boey

Pot Permit number must be marked on the float/boey

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
I believe any trap that "automaticall" catches crabs is considered a commercial pot.
How many did you get?

Do yourself a favor and get a 2 dollar license and save yourself a couple hundred dollar fine and a strike on your hunting and fishing license

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
That trap does not look like it has a bio-degardable panel so you would need to install one.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
This just "looks" like a little(?) larger trap with drop side doors. At least by the small pic with side open. No liscense would be required in NJ. Not legal oin Md. A lil pricey IMHO The "harness" has to be attached too the doors?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help. Where would I get a biodegradable panel and where would I get a terrapin excluder device? And How long does it ussually take to come back?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Originally posted by galaxy0088:
I sent in for my license does anyone know how long it ussually takes to come back?
it takes five minutes to buy and printout on line . bb

·
Registered
604 Posts

The pot license is almost by return mail. 2-3 days. You may have to fill out a child support statement if one was not sent with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts