BASS BARN banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this is the new roller spin rod..
this is a very unique spin rod
different blanks can be used
this is built on a 60# GF blank. great for tuna, marlin, bottom fish
perfect for the new high end spinners
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks..guys have caught blue marlin to 350# and 150# tuna with this style rod;)
great for jigging, popping, most any uses
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
paul708 said:
thanks..guys have caught blue marlin to 350# and 150# tuna with this style rod;)
great for jigging, popping, most any uses
It looks like a great rod for trolling, chunking, live bait and bottom fishing for sure! But jigging and popping with a roller guided spinner must be crazy! I just might have to put this on my JPR wishlist to test it out ;) God, I love heavy duty, offshore spinning rods :D See you on sunday at 3PM!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aj bruno said:
What reel do recommend for this rod Paul?
Hey AJ. how ya doing...
this rod was originally commissioned by accurate to be used with their new twinspin 30 reel
you could use any reel that will hold up to fishing you would do with the rod
there are alot of ways to make this rod, and it can be used for alot of different fish
i have a stella 20000 i use for jigging, i would throw that on.
i also have a penn 750..i could use that (till it broke):D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JerseyBrian said:
It looks like a great rod for trolling, chunking, live bait and bottom fishing for sure! But jigging and popping with a roller guided spinner must be crazy! I just might have to put this on my JPR wishlist to test it out ;) God, I love heavy duty, offshore spinning rods :D See you on sunday at 3PM!
yeah. you can do it all with this unique rod;)
were you able to give it a pull at the somerset show?
it was a pretty popular rod there,
that and the JIGGING MASTERS:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
paul708 said:
bring the reel see how it feels:D :D
Why not! I'll bring the Saragosa 18000 and see how it matches up :)

I didn't get a chance to pull on it at the somerset show. Only pulled on the GUSA Jr and the Jigging Master spinner ;) That was enough for me to walk away and begin crying in a corner for money :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,977 Posts
Pul: Put one these roller rods on my list for this upcoming season

Paul: Got to have one of these rods on the Hooked Up II this coming season for our jigging and popping customers to try out along with the other top end rods and reels we will have on board. Will match it with a Shimano Stella 2000 or Saragosa 1800. Coming soon we will be announcing a reward program with various jigging and popping gear including top end rods and reels that will be given free to anglers that catch trophy size tuna on the 55 Hooked Up II out of Cape May this season. This program applies to tuna or wahoo caught on jigs or poppers only and we will be doing a good number of trips where we leave the trolling gear at home and only fish with jigs and poppers only. We will be announcing the dates soon for these trips starting in July. Our goal is to promote our charter business of course but also expose more anglers to how much fun it is to catch tuna or other species on jigs and poppers. We will have some of the best and newest jigging and popping equipment on board for anglers to try out and experience this type of fishing first hand. We would like to be known as the "Hard Core Jigging and Popping guys" and will be working hard to achieve this goal.

Caveman Sportfishing Report: We put away the ballyhoo and crushed them jigs.

We had Paul Reyburn from JPR Rods, Andy Variano, Paul Chou and Steve Brown aboard the HOOKED UP yesterday and had an excellent day catching nice size tuna on jigs. These fellows really knew how to jig fish and that certainly was the major reason we did so well. We started out trolling but turned to jigs only when the fish were spotted on the color machine it and never put out any dead bait or ballyhoo for the rest of the trip. Just plain great jig fishing. We fished north of the Dump site exactly where we have been tuna fishing for almost two weeks now and there were almost no boats within 3 miles of us all day. We used all sorts of different jigs on yesterday's trip and it seemed all worked find. Off to boat now for todays early am trip right back to same location about 30 miles from Cape May.

Picture of tuna all caught on jigs on yesterday's trip. These guys really know how to catch tuna on jigs and great guys to boot.




When you see this on your fish finder get those jigs down and hang on. This picture was taken on our old boat the HOOKED UP last July only 32 miles from the Cape May Inlet




On this trip in late October 2007 on the Hooked Up II out of Cape May we had at least 25-30 tuna by 11:30 pm and were doing catch and release by 9:30 pm. At least half of the tuna were caught on jigs of various sizes and types. I wish all the overnight trips were as good as this one but when you do find the tuna catching them on jigs is awesome.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
Hey Paul, what kind of length are we talking here? What are the other blanks you would recommend using for this type of "do everything" spinner? Great pics on the Hooked up II
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AA rollers...allamerican rollers have some REAL NICE stuff..
i am hoping to send a rod to the west coast rodbuilders show ..featuring the AA rollers
their high end rollers are killer;)
there is a JPR rod featured on their site..its a 60-120# tuna stick
it weighs about 12oz:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Captain's John & Diana said:
Paul: Got to have one of these rods on the Hooked Up II this coming season for our jigging and popping customers to try out along with the other top end rods and reels we will have on board. Will match it with a Shimano Stella 2000 or Saragosa 1800. Coming soon we will be announcing a reward program with various jigging and popping gear including top end rods and reels that will be given free to anglers that catch trophy size tuna on the 55 Hooked Up II out of Cape May this season. This program applies to tuna or wahoo caught on jigs or poppers only and we will be doing a good number of trips where we leave the trolling gear at home and only fish with jigs and poppers only. We will be announcing the dates soon for these trips starting in July. Our goal is to promote our charter business of course but also expose more anglers to how much fun it is to catch tuna or other species on jigs and poppers. We will have some of the best and newest jigging and popping equipment on board for anglers to try out and experience this type of fishing first hand. We would like to be known as the "Hard Core Jigging and Popping guys" and will be working hard to achieve this goal.

Caveman Sportfishing Report: We put away the ballyhoo and crushed them jigs.

We had Paul Reyburn from JPR Rods, Andy Variano, Paul Chou and Steve Brown aboard the HOOKED UP yesterday and had an excellent day catching nice size tuna on jigs. These fellows really knew how to jig fish and that certainly was the major reason we did so well. We started out trolling but turned to jigs only when the fish were spotted on the color machine it and never put out any dead bait or ballyhoo for the rest of the trip. Just plain great jig fishing. We fished north of the Dump site exactly where we have been tuna fishing for almost two weeks now and there were almost no boats within 3 miles of us all day. We used all sorts of different jigs on yesterday's trip and it seemed all worked find. Off to boat now for todays early am trip right back to same location about 30 miles from Cape May.

Picture of tuna all caught on jigs on yesterday's trip. These guys really know how to catch tuna on jigs and great guys to boot.




When you see this on your fish finder get those jigs down and hang on. This picture was taken on our old boat the HOOKED UP last July only 32 miles from the Cape May Inlet




On this trip in late October 2007 on the Hooked Up II out of Cape May we had at least 25-30 tuna by 11:30 pm and were doing catch and release by 9:30 pm. At least half of the tuna were caught on jigs of various sizes and types. I wish all the overnight trips were as good as this one but when you do find the tuna catching them on jigs is awesome.

no problem..:D

i hope to see a bunch of hardcore trips this year

we are still hoping some boats will take advantage of having some serious setups on the boats this year

your jigging trips will be increadible with the amount of hardcore jigging stuff aboard
this will really give the guy a good chance to see what using really good stuff is all about
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
aj bruno said:
What reel do recommend for this rod Paul?
well AJ, after playing with this rod
what reel do you think you would put on it?
it does match the boat a little:D
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top