BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang, long time salt water angler but looking to introduce another angle with Fly Fishing for Stripers and Blues. Looking for suggestions on reasonalbe quality rods and large arbor reels. I don't have enough tackle so I figure I'll blow more $$ on fly fishing. Will be doing most fishing from my boat on flats or around sod banks.
Bohica out!

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
10 WT Temple Fork Rod
10 WT Teton Tioga LA

I have 3 Tiogas - excellent reels for the $. The Temple Fork can't be beat for price either.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Yep :D . Can't beat 'em

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
That relatively new temple forks, lefty model is a great value. Sorry can't help with a reasonalble large arbor, but I'm sure some will. Good luck & I'm looking forward to some good posts. Ron

·
Registered
7,852 Posts
I say Temple Fork rods. I have 4 and their warranty is great. I like the Tioga reels too. They seem to hold up pretty good in the salt. Both should last a good long time, give you good fishing at a fair price. Good luck, you will enjoy getting fish on the fly. You are pretty close to where we have out SJCFA meetings. You should check us out. You can learn alot, pretty fast and at one of our next meetings we will be going over basics, and setting up to fly fish. It would be well worth checking out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts