BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well just got back in from a night of fishing a jetty in south jersey.it was a good night calm and really warm
i was fishing a finness and just draging it on the bottom and had 4 bass by 3:30,all well short of 24" but i was happy to just get out.than i made the first mistake of the night and swiched over to a lighter leader " 12lb"hoping for a better bite,well i got it two cast later.draging the finness on the bottom i feel like i just snaged a rock or some weed,but the rock began to move off slow and steady :eek: not much of a fight just real heavy and slow.i could see the bass in the little moon light i had and it was big :D yes,yes i'm saying to myself she is hugh maybe 40" or bigger.now what? i draged her down the rock pile and to a small beach.then i made the second and last mistake of the night,instead of doing what the little voice in my head was telling me to do"get down and lip her" i tried to "drag" her on to land and with that i here "SNAP" well she flopped around in the surf just long enough to say ha ha ha and she swam of non the worse :mad: i tried again on the rocks and got nothing :mad: man it was a long ride home kicking myself in the *** and wanting to get sick :( all i could think about was that could of been the last big bass till march and i blew it!!!well i had to vent so there you have it ,now i'm gonna go read some more books on how to land "big" bass :D ,matt

[ 01-03-2004, 06:49 AM: Message edited by: sweet release1 ]

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
matt,
Don't beat yourself up. You got some fish, had some fun. It happens to the best. What jetty was that again? I accept e-mails.
eelball

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Matt,

At least you had some action. You probably would have released it anyway so don't sweat it.

Look at it this way, she'll be even bigger in the spring. :D

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Matt,

Thanks For That Report....
Wish it would of turned out a little better
for you... Nice Fish,, Next Time Bud......

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lets see i just saw the wind and temp forcast ,where will i be tonight???? :D by the why if anyone gets a big bass with a glow in the dark finness in it's mouth,you can email me so i can get my lure back ,the fish is yours.i'd most likly choke on her anyway ;) good fishing ,matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts