BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A nice largemouth taken by my brother ,BB'er Slammin' Sammy, from Oak Pond in Blue Anchor over the summer. There are some nice freshwater fish here South Jersey!! Specs are -Length -25", Girth-22 1/2, weight 10# 4oz.

[ 01-02-2004, 07:50 AM: Message edited by: Capt Buck ]

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Wow nice bass... :cool:

As much as I like saltwater fishing for the bigger stuff. I can definitely enjoy a good day of bass fishing when their snapping.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Nice bass, I think the state record is 10# 12oz. :eek:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Nice fish, 10 ozs shy of the state record (10lbs 14ozs). We used to fish Oak Pond regularly, no doubt that fish ate more than a few of the state stocked trout. Always heard stories of the large bass in the pond while we were trout fishing (guess those stories were true).
Hope you put that fish in for the NJ Skillful Angler award, no doubt it would be one of the best in the state for 2003.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Thats one awesome largemouth for S.Jersey! I fished freshwater hard for the years before I got into Salt. That is impressive.

Heres a few I caught but not quite as big as that slob!

·
Registered
13,030 Posts
Capt Buck,
WOW!!! Impressive bass. I have been out with Pat McCollum doing the sweet water bassin. I plan to get out for more this season. Maybe we can hook up this year. HAPPY DAYS.

Ding

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
sweet bass man what was he using for bait lure or live??
beautiful fish man
congrats man get it mounted fer sure

my best was 7 lb large from canada

i let her go after a few pics

·
Registered
172 Posts
Glad to see yall got to see that sucker!
I landed him with 8lbs Trilene XL
Lazer 1/0 hook tipped with live bait.
No mounts,no skillful angler(good
idea though)I was more than satified
to release that fish after some
measurements and tons of photos.
Besides he needs to fatten up alittle
more to become state record material.

S.S.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
good for you!!!! i like seeing em go back to fatten up but you can get fiberglass mount for it using pics of it

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
wow,thats a nice bass for N.J., before i got into the saltwater stuff thats all i did, i have a 8.5 lber out of springton resorvoir. and caught many more smaller ones all over. anytime you need company give me a hollar. seaswirl

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
nice fish, only 5 minutes from my house and i fish it often in the summer. the deer around there even get big, have a nine pointer in my living room shot less than three hundredyards from the lake. brown bob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts