BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
besides plugging, what are some other good things to try at night. does bait work as good at night, or no.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Eric,
I like to use soft plastics. (ex. fin-s, storm wild eyez) They do well also, especially black. As for bait that is good anytime. Good luck out there this year.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
I don't really think you can go wrong fishing plugs or bait at night.It's just a matter of your preference..Most of our Saltwater Gamefish here in NJ are noctural feeders.Meaning they like the cover of darkest to creep into the shallows looking for food,whether thats in the surf around the jetties or into the inlets and up the tidal creeks..Two key things you find at night is the fact that the water is alot more quiet,little or no boat/ski traffic or even bathers.Another factor is the bait presense around fixed lighted structures (bridges)especially in South Jersey.The bait gathers under the lights and Stripers,Weakfish,Bluefish & Fluke - KNOW IT !!!

·
Registered
8,344 Posts
I seem to catch more dogfish at night. It gets frustrating.

Caught a very large brown shark at night on July 4, last season, watched all of the activity in Sea Isle from my boat in the backbay.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Originally posted by NIGHTSTRIKES:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by hyperstriper:
rigged sluggos in black
Yep, A Great NightTime Presentation. By the way have you seen the latest How-To from Joe Lyons with Sluggos - Check It Out-
Rigging Sluggos - The Single Hook Method
</font>[/QUOTE]Much thanks for that link NS
. Looks like a plan. Have been zappin um directly to the hook in the past with medioker results.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
i saw Steve Mckenna give a presentation over the winter on rigging sluggos. Very informative and after you actually watch someone rig them(w/ 2 hooks) it makes it a lot easier to do.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
no fish bite at night ;) :D but if they did i think some plastic in "pink or white" would do the trick!! i mean thats what i hear anyway :D also make sure you are there around the turn of the tide be it low or high , just might find some fish waiting, good luck ,matt

·
Registered
278 Posts
You guys said it all...Night time is the right time....Have fun everyone and be safe...Its on...I did good last yr. at night on #1 Pink ice finnesses 4"..#2 Tsunamis 5" red eyes...#3 Wht on wht bucktail worm combo...Good luck...Pazman

1 - 16 of 16 Posts