BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
I don't pay attention to when it comes. < but It always does come , than I read it. Bill Donovan Is a good man who does alot for our fisherery. Maybe we should cut him a little slack during these lean times , and During this winter I can't imagine getting advertisers has been very easy for a fishing magazine. I don't know him personally , but a few years ago I did a jo for a young man who worked for him , and he told me there is no one more driven than Bill Donovan. and Than just reading over the years about all of the things he does or is into for the new jersey fishing seen , He deserves our thanks not our criticism.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I don't pay attention to when it comes. < but It always does come , than I read it. Bill Donovan Is a good man who does alot for our fisherery. Maybe we should cut him a little slack during these lean times , and During this winter I can't imagine getting advertisers has been very easy for a fishing magazine. I don't know him personally , but a few years ago I did a jo for a young man who worked for him , and he told me there is no one more driven than Bill Donovan. and Than just reading over the years about all of the things he does or is into for the new jersey fishing seen , He deserves our thanks not our criticism.
Bill is a good guy, Sat at the same table during a fishing seminar last year and he was fun to chat with.

As for the Mag. I never get it before the 12th or so like pigpen says, It gets here. :)

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
It just sucks that you pay the money for it, and when it comes some of the info is out dated. When i was a subscriber i recieved my sept issue the 3wk of the month. It had some articles about fluke fishing and it was over. I know Bill is a good guy and this is nothing personal against him. I just feel that when time senistive info is in there it should get there on time. Like i said i goto the bait shop and pick it up. Joe

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
The info in magazines is supposed to be used to help you catch in years to come, No matter how fast they get it to you , be it the fisherman or nj angler or the news paper , They report in past tense. Use the information to coincide with your own log book, with tides times water temp moon phases time of year and wind direction , to further your chances by matching condition in the future.

the Nj angler , may have an article, saying about deep water fluking. out at reef 11. and In it they will tell you the rigs they were using and how they tied them , maybe the bait and how to cut it. How to drift over the structure, what the temps where and the time of year. By the time you read about there trip the conditions have changed so the info is only good as a learning tech , not a guide to where the fish are.

·
Banned
115 Posts
NJ Angler

I don't understand why people are defending the fact that the magazine has not arrived like promised. These delivery issues have been going on for well over a year, that is why I let my subscription laspe.

Bill might be a great guy and all, but when you are in business and don't make good on your promises, you generally don't stay in business long.

Defending the late delivery becausee of who owns it, will only make it worse.

I'm sure this will be deleted since he is an advertiser, but if one person reads it, I made my point.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I don't understand why people are defending the fact that the magazine has not arrived like promised. These delivery issues have been going on for well over a year, that is why I let my subscription laspe.

Bill might be a great guy and all, but when you are in business and don't make good on your promises, you generally don't stay in business long.

Defending the late delivery becausee of who owns it, will only make it worse.

I'm sure this will be deleted since he is an advertiser, but if one person reads it, I made my point.
Yes you did and a good one at that.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
848 Posts
I have been giving the mag. to several friends as a little Christmas gift for several years. This Dec. while renewing the subscrptions I talked to Bill about the delivery issues. I was assured it would be taken care of this year with the doubeling up of the first month. As stated before Bill and the Angler staff are great people. However, they have an obligation to get the mag. out in a timely mannor. If they need to increase the postage from bulk to first class, so be it. I would go for an increase. There is some time sensitive material in the mag.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.