BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week's show is "Barnegat Light Bunker Dunkin", shot just two weeks ago on bunker schools outside Barnegat Inlet. Some very big bass and bluefish and some awesome surface strikes, too. It's a neat show...and probably the most fun we've had on the water this year.

Wednesday 6/21 4:30pm
Saturday 6/24 5pm
Sunday 6/25 12noon

[ 06-20-2006, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Great show bill and darren! Congrats darren on your personal best, 90.5 lber!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Good show, really diggin' this season ! DO Those things run in the fall too ?? Also-did you guys stay out all night ?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Thanks fella's
No doubt the biggest drum I have ever seen, let alone taken...
eh009us, That is a Spring time thing.. so you may need to wait until next spring, but make plans now, they are awsome fish. and no we did not stay all night, we were back at the dock for 1 am.
NJANGLERDARREN

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Just watched the show after taping it. Another great show. Nice job on that huge Drum Darren. Keep up the good work and looking forward to next weeks show.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Originally posted by AGGERSSOR FISHING:
great show guys. wondering how you guys got started with the new jersey angler?
you mean the South Jersey Angler ;)

Good show, don't know which was better, the drum or the weather you guys had that night

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
why didn't they throw the puppy drum back? It only weighted 90.5lbs :D

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 Hour Away - Can't Miss This Episode....

Tune in to COMCAST SPORTSNET @ 4:30PM

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Excellent Show Guys,, Way To Go Bill With That 40...

By the way,were you guys tempted to maybe throw a plug out there in those schools to see what might happen ? Large BassWood Swimmer would of been my choice..

[ 06-21-2006, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Steve, of course we threw plugs at 'em! We were on those fish for several days and over the course of that time we threw every plug from pencil poppers to big wooden surface swimmers to big "spook" style lures...only blues would hit the plugs. The bass don't give it up so easy

The one common theme there, and one that comes as no surprise, is the propensity of those big bass to want a noggin drifted below the surface activity. The bass and blues feed together. The blues do the chasing and the bass pick up the scraps. We've always preached this, but I've never seen it illustrated so clearly. In fact, most of the bass on the tv show were taken after the bait got beat up by blues first.

For those who missed it, the show airs again Saturday at 5pm and Sunday at noon.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea Bill I figured you guys did. It was interesting to see like you said how the Bluefish would attack the bait and slice it in half then you just let the head sink down and Bam !!!

I wonder if you tried maybe some deeper diving plugs and stayed away from any type of surface plug if you would of had a better chance to hook into a Bass like a Darter or SlopedHead type of lure. But again its tough getting below those Demon Eyes for even a chance...

Great Show,, Whats on tap for next week ?

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by NJAngler Bill:
Steve, the guys pulling Stretch plugs and bunker spoons had a few fish during the week. But why bother feedin' 'em an imitation when they're eatin' the real thing!
I hear ya, such is the case basically on the beach yesterday and tody,when they are on the live bunker they are just feasting on them and thats it.It seems after the main body of bait moves away you might fool a few though...

These big fish are eating well this spring and should prove to be a good thing overall for them
into the future...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts