BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi barner longrodders! i was hoping you could help a former jersey boy out(born in gloucester, raised in salem co) having missed all the susky flats due to a failed water pump, i am planning a foray into the jersey shore backcountry to break up the monotony of fishing the chesapeake bay. area of attack is barnegat to cape may. wanted to know your favorite areas and why. best tides, day/nite, species, fly patterns that are more productive, etc. willing to share info on the chessie, trips too if interested.

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Good post. Hope you get some help. My area is between Somers Point & Ocean City. Like 3 AM beginning of outgoing. Clousers & deceivers, heavy on the chartreause. Bridges with lights, uptide side & most of the sod banks too numerous to list. Most produce. If this is the area you end up going to, e-mail me or post here for some more specifics. good luck.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Yep, agree with Sparse. Hit the bridge lights in the early AM tides.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks fellas, what are we talkin' about, stripers mostly, or is there other species as well. i remember as a kid, the trout fishing used to be pretty awesome in the back on grass shrimp...

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Stripers and Blues will provide most of the action, but you can't rule Weekies out. Everyday should get better as the water warms. Winds have kept everyone at the dock for the last 4 days. Might even find some sea herring in the 15 to 17 inch range.

Like they said. There are hundreds of good places to fish. Where ever you find bait the chances are there will be fish. All the inlet areas should have some fish, the bridges and the sodbanks along with points and creeks.

Hope we hear some good post from you as you give it a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts