BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,791 Posts
Daisy, I was told that the shallowness of NJ side was the reason. I wonder if 60' slough would be a viable sight for one of them.

NJ has dropped quite a few just off shore, so they are not completely neglectful
Actually the 60' and 20' slough area's were designated as dredge spill areas as well as the deep water site at Henelopen. I not sure where this proposal stands now.

The oyster beds present a structure problem as well as water depth and bottom type regarding artifical reef sites.

Additionally the State of Delaware is pro fisherman, one only has to look at the number of free del ramp sites, They know the economic value of the rec fisherman.

Some years ago the State of NJ talked about an all waters lic simular to Del's,At the time it was shot down with good reason. This was before the Fed got involved. Now it appears that we will be hammered with both with no consideration regarding how much economic strain this will put on a typical NJ family. The trickle down effect will hurt B&T shops as well as marina operations, And then they wonder why people leave NJ and take there hard earned $ with them.

· Registered
1,950 Posts
del bay reefs

there are places were you could put low profile reef on the nj side you have the area around the old wreck bouy were there are 2 wreckes or or down by the bear claw were there is 25ft hole and lot of places you could put low profile like reef balls or some old wooden boats that are laying around many of the marines but all the reefs from are down in the ocean were the money is not enough money up in the bay :mad::mad::thumbsdown:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.