BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has done any research with the safe boating course/certificate requirements for USCG licensed mariners. I would imagine that USCG certification would certainly be good enough for the state police, but I don't really know and would like to avoid a ticket if I can. Boating is expensive enough!!!

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
If you hold a current USCG license, you can carry that in lieu of the NJ Boating Safety Cert;)

From NJSP
Can I operate a power vessel in the State of New Jersey if I possess a current United States Coast Guard operators license?
A3
Yes, a person holding a current United States Coast Guard operator’s(captains) license, who is otherwise required to possess a boat safety certificate, may operate a power vessel on the waters of the State of New Jersey without having completed a boat safety course approved by the Superintendent of the New Jersey State Police, provided that they have their captains license in their possession while operating.
The operators license can not be converted to a New Jersey boat safety certificate.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, that works for the guy with the six-pac. My assumptions would lead me to beleive that a second mate unlimited tonnage/oceans would do then? I think I'll photocopy my license and call it good.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Saltydogg2004 said:
OK, that works for the guy with the six-pac. My assumptions would lead me to beleive that a second mate unlimited tonnage/oceans would do then? I think I'll photocopy my license and call it good.
Do not photocopy the license...you have to carry the original!

Jason, I did not get an email from you...call me 609-204-0185.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts