BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to launch my boat from N. Wildwood just to fish around the Cape May inlet on friday night. I would have no problem paying for a $20 lisence if the State would put the money back to the fishing community. I was in Delaware last year and I was shocked that the state had Beautiful launches with digital signs posting what species are in season and the bag limits, and Delaware does not even have a lisence fee, I guess this negates my point. Seriously though, would anybody have a problem paying the lisence if we saw a direct result of the funds coming back to us. There would have to be a boat lisence available for charters, party boats, and visitors on private boats. This might also help weed out some of the Drunken idiots that just because thet are at the shore that must drink a case of beer and screw everything up for the true fisherman.

[ 06-22-2004, 01:08 AM: Message edited by: seeker2 ]

·
Registered
11,936 Posts
We already pay pay pay and the money goes to the General Fund. The taxes on gear, fuel, hunting licenses, etc., get siphoned off to go elsewhere.

I agree with your idea though. If all money collected was mandated to go to provide services for fishermen I'd also be happy to pay.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I agree with Jimbo...the entire sum of money nevers goes back into the resource. This state is over burdened...the resouces are stretched too thin because of the population and relative wealth.

And it is only getting worse.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Ditto on the responses above.

Remeber the Freshwater liscense increase, the NJ Sport Clubs gave DFGW thier support, and what did they get...

Also the Federal Excise Tax on all fishing equiptment, remember reading somewhere that Neveda get more money based on the funding formula. Why doesn't NJ petition for more money???

·
Registered
93 Posts
Definately not for this, we are taxed to the brim and they still raise taxes. Why becasue they hire poor fund managers who lost it all in the market now we have to pay up again. What about all the extra money they are getting from gas tax now where is that going?

·
Registered
548 Posts
you pay tax when you make money :mad:
you pay tax when you spend money :mad:
you pay tax when you inherit money :mad:
you pay more tax for gas because these political aholes cant balance a budget maybe they should take a paycut istead of the raise they vote themselves every year or two :rolleyes:
I THINK ITS TIME FOR ANOTHER TEA PARTY :eek:
AND NO I DONT WANT TO PAY ANYMORE I PAY MORE THEN ENOUGH

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Guys,
Please Take The Time To Vote On This HOT TOPIC..
POLL is Anchored on top of this Forum.....

Thanks Seeker2 for Bringing Up This Subject...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.