BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
803 Posts
A public forum to discuss freshwater fisheries research and management, culture and recreational angling in New Jersey will be held on Saturday, February 27 at the Batsto Village Visitors Center located on Rt. 542 in Wharton State Forest, Burlington County. The forum will begin at 10 a.m.

http://www.njfishandwildlife.c.....outh10.htm
Pants optional? :D

· Registered
14,022 Posts
Hope to see yall there, just look for a short, good looking, long hair, last of the hippys type guy wearing a green jacket with a big bass on the back. Thats sums it up:thumbsup:
I don't know about "good looking" but I saw you there Shamoo... I didn't get a chance to say hi because I was talking with an old friend Dave B before the mtg and had to book out early during Craig's Q&A after his presentation.

I was one row behind on on the right end.

· Registered
14,022 Posts
Yeah, I thought about that later (throwing something at you :D)

I always find the meetings interesting. I'd love to be able to volunteer or work at a hatchery... great stuff they get into there.

Last year, I believe Pat Hamilton was down and they did a bit more trout talk ( might be mistaken as some year's I do go to the trout meeting, but I thought the forum had more trout talk, and definitely Craig was not down), but this year's was better for the south jersey folks.

· Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, I thought about that later (throwing something at you :D)

I always find the meetings interesting. I'd love to be able to volunteer or work at a hatchery... great stuff they get into there.

Last year, I believe Pat Hamilton was down and they did a bit more trout talk ( might be mistaken as some year's I do go to the trout meeting, but I thought the forum had more trout talk, and definitely Craig was not down), but this year's was better for the south jersey folks.
If you sign up for the Wildlife Conservation Corps (WCC) on the NJ Fish & Wildlife website (which they talked about at the forum) you'll get periodic emails asking for volunteers for different projects, including some at the hatcheries.

I was at the forum too (rear of the auditorium in blue SJBCA hat & blue SJBCA shirt).

· Registered
14,022 Posts
Fred,

I'm already signed up for the WCC as I participated in float stocking with JSTU for a few years. Also did an electroshock of the Toms River with Mark Boriek and crew one August.

I was probably standing right behind you at the start of the meeting :D

· Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was unable to be there what all was said????
It was a 2 1/2 hour session. A lot was said about a lot of things. Probably dozens of lakes were discussed. There was also talk about invasive fish & vegetation species, bass tournament results, warmwater fish hatchery operations, saltwater angler registry & licensing, etc.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.