BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well even though I couldn't find a partner to enter the tourney with I still went down and fished the area for the first time.
3:50 start leaving my house.

I must say that even with the hustle of the tournament about to get underway, Fred and Mike took care and spent time to give me directions and some nice spots to fish.

I ended up with 2 keepers and 10 throwbacks, and 1 nasty skate.

Thanks again Guys

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS

It was also cool to bump into a bunch of barners that I dont really see except for barnfest.

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Happy to help shakey. Stop in anytime and we can go over more spots.

One minute the boat was on the trailer in our lot and the next there were rods in the holders and boat in the water. Fast work. We got a shot of you when we pulled out for the show.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Nice to see you on the water Shakey.....We had a really good time in the tournament also. I think we were in contention for the most beers trophy. I know Morty and his crew were right up there with us.I still can't believe that boat was a 73'. It's in super good shape...Good luck this year....V

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Shakey,

Did you stay in that same location all day when we were talking to you? I was on the Irish Wake with Lunchman, Snichols and Volkanman.

Good job on the flounder. Glad you had a good day. 5 to 1 on the throwback to keeper ratio is pretty much what we had yesterday. Plus the skates, horseshoe and blue claw crabs, conch, clam and oyster shells, weeds with a seahorse, a car wash sponge, and ball of tangled line. I believe that sums up all that was caught by team Lunchman, not counting the 200 horses that was wrangled up by one guy on the team.

·
Registered
775 Posts
On camera no less.....Way to go...you know who...

Good to fish with you guys yesterday.. :D

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Way to go Shakey. One guy, four rods going. Good day!
Fished next to Shakey most of the day.
Ooopps moved report over.

[ 05-07-2006, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: High Wire ]

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Captain Phil

Its a 73 MFG that I bought off a fellow barner.
The boats are just very solid. My original 71 was tuff till the end, when it was time for her to go, I took her to the dump. 2 bid dozers popper her at either end. They pulled away and the boat was still plenty intact. Then the 1 guy lifted up the plow and steam rolled her : (

Chunking, yes I try to dunk as soon as I am at the ramp, nothing worse then someone farting around with gear at the ramp. Thats an interesting launch though. It worked for me.

Flattop,
I stayed right there until about 2:00ish.
Then I went to the other side of the bridge where the boat I believe is stuck or abandoned.
I picked up a number of shorts there quickly but no keepers.

High Wire,
On Long drifts and depending on crabs I could fish 4 rods, but yesterday I mostly used 3 (LOL)
or 2 about half the time. The crabs were very bad.
Kinda funny but since the boat is small I get some jigging action by shaking the boat back and forth a couple times.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Originally posted by VOLKANMAN:
On camera no less.....Way to go...you know who...

Good to fish with you guys yesterday.. :D
It was on a dead stick...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I had a blast with you guys, the fishing was difficult but the beer drinking was easy. :D

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Originally posted by Flattop:
I believe that sums up all that was caught by team Lunchman, not counting the 200 horses that was wrangled up by one guy on the team.
Flattop...at least I know my drag works and my line is good. I reeled in a Yamaha 200 with no problems, a conch, 3 short flounder and a seahorse (Jacque-now swimming in Fred's aquarium)....not a bad day for a Beach Nazi. :D

It was great fishing with you, Volk and Lunchie.

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
Originally posted by shakey:
Captain Phil

Its a 73 MFG that I bought off a fellow barner.
The boats are just very solid. My original 71 was tuff till the end, when it was time for her to go, I took her to the dump. 2 bid dozers popper her at either end. They pulled away and the boat was still plenty intact. Then the 1 guy lifted up the plow and steam rolled her : (

That was me fishing next to you all day in the Towboat ;)

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
Originally posted by offshoreone:
Captain Phil, I used to run that towboat when Tim owned the company. I was on my light blue Seacraft on Saturday.
Yeah I saw you out there. Howd you do? Benny has done some good things with the company. He is going to sponser the bassbarn soon

·
Registered
769 Posts
Benny came on when I was leaving. I saw Tim a few years later when I was working in Atlantic Highlands.
Flounder fishin isnt my thing, we kept 6, and threw back another ten. Outside of the crew who took the money, nobody had more fun than us.

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
Originally posted by offshoreone:
Benny came on when I was leaving. I saw Tim a few years later when I was working in Atlantic Highlands.
Flounder fishin isnt my thing, we kept 6, and threw back another ten. Outside of the crew who took the money, nobody had more fun than us.
Thats cool. 6 keepers isnt a bad day at all. We had a great time also. No keepers, but threw back ten also. Still fun to get out there after a long winter.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Offshoreone, that is one cranking sound system you have onboard. I was jamming out to the tunes on your boat while fishing with Lunchman.

I think everybody in the No Bones Flounder Tournament had a good time.

Although it was a tough day fishing and I caught most everything in the water, but a keeper fish, I had a blast with Pat, Steve and Bill (or BB as Steve nicknamed him). It was great fishing with you guys. Thanks Pat for inviting me on in this tourney. And Pat, I will try to remember that you are a sensative guy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts