BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Red Bank pulled the plug on the July 4th Kaboom Fireworks show:(

Seems the shows popularity and growing crowds (on Land and Water) require increased security costs that have exceeded the budget. They also cite the cost of several lawsuits that are filed each year in relation to the show.

This also affects Rumson as well.

Too bad as this was a lot of fun. Perhaps some group will step forward with increased sponsorship.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I ma not surprised....

It seems that every year the flotilla got bigger and bigger and more out of control than the last.

This year we had a section of 8 rafted boats (all in the 30-40' range) all on one anchor start dragging towards us; they were all wasted. The loaded set of captains said "there is no way we are dragging the biggest boat has its anchor out". It got even worse when drunkard #1 tried to move all 8 rafted boats.

Yes it was a matter of time until something really bad happened; as a tea-totaler I never mind but it seemed that almost everyone on the river was wasted.

It was always a super fun weekend though!!!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Yeah it's looking like Rumson is in the works to be cancelled as well. They wouldn't be able to handle the overflow if Red Bank was cancelled, in addition to the fact that having the two shows together got them a discount.

While I'm sure it must be nice, that's one of the days I stay off the water.

·
Registered
271 Posts
It's too bad they are cancelled. I'll never forget the mad rush once the fireworks ended and everyone pulled anchor to depart. :eek:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hmm... I wonder if thay pulled the plug now in order to try to give a potential sponser time enough to save the show and look like a hero! I bet Canyon Runner could save the show just from the sale of thier bars at the shows :D.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts