BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and looked at the new Cape May ramp on Saturday and nothing has changed since last month.
There are prestressed conc. pilings laying on the ramp and only a crane with no pile rig on the site.
There was an 80' section of a marina's floating dock, that had broken loose, shipwrecked across the new ramp and shoreline. It had dock lights and plumbing but looked like a total loss.
Looks like they have to pick up the pace a little.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Is this going to be a public ramp with a launch fee? If so, do you think it will be open 24/7?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
TX. If they have dusk til dawn hours I'll just have to fish all night. I'll hate that!! ;)

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
I went by there yesterday, all the lines are marked on the street and it looks like the ramp is ready, but if all the spots are taken up, that's it, your not allowed to park anywhere else, I SEE MAJOR PROBLEMS COMING because of this, don't know how that is going to work???

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
jrigzguy; I usely drop it in at Breezeelee and have a friend drive the trailer back to my campground or my marina.Anything I can do to avoid giving Mr Happy over at Breezeelee any money I will do. Last year I put in behind the Resturant next to the new ramp at high tide.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I know a couple of guys that did that as well, one guy with a mastercraft and one dude with a waverunner. I am sure once this ramp opens up, it is going to be chaos on the weekends so it is going to come down to whatever works. In all reality, in the summer, I will probably launch up in Mays Landing. I don't fish a whole lot in the summer. I will reserve my trips out of cape may to spring and fall and those last minute "hey, why don't we take a ride on the boat" days. In the summer, my family and I just play, WAAAAYYYY more fun than fishing to see everyone on the tube behind the boat. plus we anchor up at the bulkhead in mays landing and hang out while the kids swim. Great therapy for having a job delivering Ice cream 14 hours a day all week long.

·
Registered
82 Posts
hey mike just make sure you are allowed to park there all night. I stayed out all night once at a local ramp and came back to find a parking ticket on my windshield...what do they expect you to do if you are staying out all night? frigging a-holes!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.