BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help to print this out..I fish with a couple guys that want to play loud music all night while we fish..I dont know this to be true but cant the fish sense the noise around.The loud boom boxs when i tell them to turn down the bass they look at me like im crazy?any help on this subject would be very welcome..

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
what kind of loud music ? in the chesapeak bay they play ROCK music very loud when fishing, but then again ,they are catching ROCK fish. sorry if you dont find that funny.. bb

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
Seriously though, some deep sounds like bass actually atract some fish. Just ask the guys in the Offshore forum. Now, a small farm pond fishing for LMB is completly different (be quiet). If your catching, leave it on. If your not, turn it off. I personaly like it low while on the water. If not for myself, then for other nearby boaters.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just replaced the 10" subwoofer on my boat so I thought this would be an interesting thread, and did a little research. I laughed when I saw BayRat's comments but after a bit of reading, it might be right on. Here's a section of an editorial I saw. I may still crank up the Jaws theme in the middle of the night when shark fishing.

"So the theory is growing that low, regular rhythmic noise is a greater fish deterrent than harsh staccato noise. Just about the exact opposite to human reaction to noise. It may well be that sudden sharp sounds beat out a message that a fish is in trouble, and a fish in trouble signals food to other fish. But regular rhythmic sounds spell trouble for the fish that feels it. Maybe the fishermen who dislike music being played on the boat while fishing have got a point."

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
I believe that fish can hear certin loud sounds.
If you are fishing a normally quiet area anything out of the oridinary would most likely
spook some fish I believe out of that area.
Loud Music,would fall into this case especially
if you are fishing say in a backbay spot,but not such much on the beach with waves breaking.

I was fishing a stretch of the back of CISP one
night it was getting close to the Summer Season
in OC and the crowds were starting to build.I got to my spot to find a couple of fishermen fishing with a BoomBox Blasting some Heavy Metal.
It was fuuny no fish were caught in this productive spot that night until they left...

Not sure about if you are fishing in a boat in deeper water whether it would make a difference.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I enjoy the peace and quiet, and don't care for any music in the background. The only thing I like to here is my lure or bait hitting the water and the resulting sound fromn my drag.

Seriously though, my dad taught me to keep things as quiet as possible and sneak up on the fish, especially in the back bays and other quiet areas. Seems to work for me.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Originally posted by Ken:
I enjoy the peace and quiet, and don't care for any music in the background. The only thing I like to here is my lure or bait hitting the water and the resulting sound fromn my drag.

Seriously though, my dad taught me to keep things as quiet as possible and sneak up on the fish, especially in the back bays and other quiet areas. Seems to work for me.
Agree wholeheartedly

[ 04-11-2005, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: clamchucker ]

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
I'LL TAKE THE VIEW STRIKES TAKES.IF YOUR WATCHING TV,READING OR (AS FRED DOES SLEEP)SLEEPING AND SOMEONE COMES UP BEHIND YOU AND SLAMS TWO SYMBOLS YOU WILL PROBABLY SH!T YOURSELF. SHARK FISHING MOST THINK IT HELPS.IF A SHARK COMES NEAR THE BOAT AND STARTS TO SWIM AWAY A LOT OF TIMES YOU SLAP THE OUTSIDE OF THE BOAT AND THE SHARK WILL TURNAROUND TO SEE WHATS GOING ON.IN OTHER WORDS ADAPT.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts