BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best product to clean the deck, gunwhales, etc when boat gets trashed with bait, blood, etc.. Also one that protects also would be good.
Thanks for any help. I have been using simple green marine. Not too happy with it.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I tried woody wax again as i got a free bottle this fall. It kept up but by the time we pulled the boat it was ready for a new coat. I also use alot of soft scrub on the deck and parts that get bloody.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Starbrite makes a nonskid deck cleaner. That is the best we have found and we also use the woody wax after it is cleaned in the spring and it really helps a lot.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Ive heard bad about the woody lacey marine but ive found it to be an easy extra step cleaning once a month or so so im gonna stick to it this spring.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Mary Kate products makes a great deck cleaner. Has a little abrasive in it and mild acid. Not as strong as the rust stain remover but it sure cleans a deck.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
We haven't gotten any negative reoprts about the Woody Wax. It is expensive and you have to apply it correctly or it will not work. What probels did you hear about?

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
The best deck "cleaner" in my mind is Soft Scrub... if you do a good job with Woody Wax on the deck, you will never need to even use the Soft Scrub... the blood and guts come right off with any light soap and brushing...

For applying the Woody Wax, try buying one of those square paint pads that you can screw onto the end of a mop handle...it does a great job of applying it evenly and gets down into the diamonds. It used to be a chore to apply, now its a breeze. Keep the paint pad in a ziplock until next time and use it over and over....

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Lacey ive heard people complain about it wearing off too soon. However i dont think its too hard to apply it once a month.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Barkeepers friend

This stuff is great, with a little grit and no bleach. Its made of all natural ingredients and its cheap. 4 bucks at Acme

·
Registered
121 Posts
Seachoice deck cleaner

i use this product to clean grease and grime off boats when i am done working on them it cleans everything.Inexpensive also about 16.00 a gallon just use spray bottle, spray a little around scrub and rinse a gallon goes a long way..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts