BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
They've been doing fairly well up there from what I hear. Have you ever been on the boat? She's a pretty boat. Very clean, well kept, and she moves along at a good clip.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
I fish on that ALOT.went 2 weeks ago on the monday trip,limits were caught (move around)most kept fish were 5-7#. the sat 3-9 and sun 3-9 trip is good also we do those alot this time of year

·
Registered
99 Posts
The Norma K is one of the better party boats. Last time, I went on the Norma K was June and it was a great trip. While, I haven't blackfished on her for a couple of years last time I went they did well on blackfish. They probably are fishing down towards LBI.

·
Registered
385 Posts
You probably know already, but Monday is the full day for wrecks.
I've been on different trips with them - they seem honest and fair.
and as mentioned they do have a nice boat with a huge comfortable cabin - plenty of space for all to relax and warm up when moving

also had a great tog trip on the mohawk out of belmar this year. an older smaller boat, didn't move that fast but it works great for wrecks - find Jimmy the mate he's a great guy.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
monday is reservation limit to 25,but he may take a few extra,we rode south, fished all day back at dock 730 or so...get there early he will leave when all there 6am or so

[ 01-14-2005, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: paul708 ]

·
Registered
32,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I've been on the boat for evening Ling fishing before. I've also gone on the Miss Point Pleasant for winter flounder. I think they will hit the AC wrecks. I heard that from someone else. What a long ride for inshore fishing. Are the wrecks up near Brielle all fished out already?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Originally posted by RedAtNight...:
You probably know already, but Monday is the full day for wrecks.
I've been on different trips with them - they seem honest and fair.
and as mentioned they do have a nice boat with a huge comfortable cabin - plenty of space for all to relax and warm up when moving

also had a great tog trip on the mohawk out of belmar this year. an older smaller boat, didn't move that fast but it works great for wrecks - find Jimmy the mate he's a great guy.
LoL tip jimmy with a case of beer hes your pal for life...hahaha..just kiddin...hes a great mate, one of the best in the industry chris better not lose him. good boat 2 when chris is at the helm.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hummm cool....and he is still doing these trips? and do you have a phone number for this gentleman???

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
My uncle charters the Norma K boat every year for his employees. Nice boat and crew. Caught all the bluefish we wanted this past year.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I fish it in cold weather. Big, fast and roomy and it's also nice they have the heated rail around the boat.
Captn John keeps up a decent website. www.normak.com .
It runs only half day trips in the summer but now it's 3/4 or full day.
The 3-9 ling trips are done for the season if I read his web site correctly ten minutes ago.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts