BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing UCKS the past few days. very few albies and blues. virtually no bass during the daylight hours. i saw little boats hooking up as well today. We did manage to tie into 5 or so blues in the 8 pound range. we last resorted to live lining peanuts around structure to get the hits. we chummed them up with live peanut bunker then tossed is around the live chum

fished raritan, SH oceanfront(some action in AM), verrazano, coney island region. I even went up to hell's gate in the east river.

Almost went to the mud hole instead to live chum peanuts but yesterday's reports were not to encouraging.

can't wait for the weather to change.

Donovan - stay at home or shoot wednesday's show somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
It's all going to change next week because The real Clamman says so ;) Chris I sure hope you have a Halibut net on board :D

Art

[ 10-04-2005, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: The real Clamman ]

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I've been out every week since the beginning of Sept. and whether is is a question of too warm surf temps. or something else the bigger bass are just not around yet - but, the noreast blow we had two weeks ago did get what was around going - we had bass to 30" and blues close to 30" all day. I've heard rumors that some bass to the mid- 30" range are moving in but I have not been able to confirm this myself as of yet. But, I'll definately be out the rocks this weekend to give it another go. Be safe, it was nasty during the last blow requiring full waterprooofing of both the body and soul - and when the tide changed in got dangerous awefully fast.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Last Thurs & Friday night there were Bass to be caught from the beach in those windy conditions.The bass were feasting on Mullet.Storms were the ticket.The guys drifting eels at night are scoring.

Art

[ 10-05-2005, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: The real Clamman ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts