BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fortunate, was out every morning for past 5 days. Livelined till noon each day. Here is what we saw. Bait is in the back of Raritan bay, fishing that bait is productive. Bait has been moving from Great Kills. Fished Ambrose both sides 12 can back to bridge with good results. Northern part of Flynns knoll, swash channel had a good bite. Verrazzano good bite. Rip great bite early outgoing. Down the Beach, and the Rocks good bites on pods of bait, that fishery is coming alive. This year is proving to be one of the best springs I can ever remember for consistant widespread Bass fishing.

Highlights of weekend were watching my 8 year old daughter reel in a bunch of 20 lb + Bass her largest, and largest for the weekend being 37 pounder. The look of accomplishment from my best friends son when he drove the boat all the way in and docked her.

Question of the Day ?
Why did they put a limit on Bluefish ?
Second Question of the Day ?
Should they lift the Bluefish limit ?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Originally posted by dusky:
Clam you in on the Hi-Mar this weekend ? If so good luck !
I am not fishing the Spring HI-MAR.But if I was I know where I would fish ;) I have a charter booked for Sat night.I am taking my son and his friend.Good luck to you in the HI-MAR.

Art

[ 05-31-2005, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: The real Clamman ]

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Originally posted by Brian E. Mullaney:
Art is waiting for the 40hr one in the fall.
- that was fun last year except for that rogue wave on Friday night!!! I didnt warm up till the next day.
Brian for the rest of my life I will never forget those 2 nights we fished the HI-MAR.Wow did we take a beating or what ? I sitll hear Paul shouting guys hold on ! Brian you almost fell in the water.

And yes I will be entering the Fall HI-MAR.

Art

[ 05-31-2005, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: The real Clamman ]

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Dusky,

Great reporting! I'm glad to see the bunker are still holding in the bay.

Awesome job passing the torch to the kids.

As far as the bluefish regs, I'm pretty sure these regs were pushed for by the recreational sector. I remember reading stories of guys chartering a boat and filling the decks with bluefish from one end of the boat to the other end. This caused a lot of grief for the party boat and charter boat captains as far as storage and cleaning time.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Also about the bluefish regs, I think that is has to do with the reports I used to hear about people catching a lot of blues and then dumping them because they didn't want to clean them.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Was just reading Off Thee Hook Post about New World Record. Tori's fish at 37 plus would have Classified a World Record for a Small fry ! One small problem. If i would have let go of the rod we would have never seen the fish, and I would have never seen my rod an reel again either.
All fish released as always.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Originally posted by Chris Gatley:
real clam man

art-

call me wed morning on cell
Chris we have room for you on the "dar-lynn" on Sunday.We will be pushing off at 5 am.Call me on my cell later.Phil,Sorry we hi jacked your thread.

Art

[ 06-02-2005, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: The real Clamman ]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.