BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Saturday we are going 8hr for toggggg 8a-4p and

sunday is a 12hr offshore 5a-5p, tog and cod

Weather permitting and reservations required at least 12 hours before departure for any offshore trips!

In the event there is not enough to make a 12hr run, the trip will be cut to an 8hr, so if you're interested call us up!

Have a great day guys & gals :D

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
We will definatly have enough people for saturdays 8 hr if you are interested we will 100% be sailing...and Sundays 12hr looks great we have quite a bit of interest and about 13 confirmed...we have 12 seats available for that 12 hr blackfish/cod/ling special

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sundays 12hr is good to go,, it is reservation only so let us know and we will put your name down:)

·
Registered
405 Posts
wholesale and bulk tackle for making rigs!!!!

I'm looking for some where I can purchase wholesale bulk tackle for making flounder rigs and such likeleader beads Buck tail hooks etc. Like to tie my own try different things. Can't wait for March to get here gonna be a good spring! Thanks fellas!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2 spots left for the offshore trip tomorrow!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds great, You got the last 2 spots! No I'm sorry, our machines are down, so cash only.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello, no im sorry, we are getting hauled for our yearly maintenance..

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm looking for some where I can purchase wholesale bulk tackle for making flounder rigs and such likeleader beads Buck tail hooks etc. Like to tie my own try different things. Can't wait for March to get here gonna be a good spring! Thanks fellas!

give me a call and tell me what you are looking for i will see what i can do to help!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Capt. are going to run Friday Feb. 3?
no sorry i will not be i am hauling boat for inspection sometime this week depending on boat yards schedule for my annual inspection....i am not sure how long we will be out minumum 3 -4 days...plus we have to send our props out for conditioning as well which has us at the mercy of their speed of their repair turn around....we will play by ear but this up coming weekend i seriously doubt...thanks for your interest

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
report for weekend trips

the temp inshore dramatically dropped in the past week or so
saturday we went out a bit further offshore in hopes of putting together a nice catch we hit 5 or 6 spots most of which were dead or a very slow fussy bight that we couldnt manage to build life off of no matter how hard we fished...at the end of the day we made a stop that kind of saved us...we had some good life there for sure....i know some guys caught their 4 blackfish and we did manage to put most of the boat on some life and a little bit of a pick late in the day but we had a lot of mouths to feed and we caught all that we could before heading home.

sundays 12 hr trip
we had pretty solid conditions for almost February offshore...we started the day with a fair pick which we fished until the doggies chased us out of there....we followed with a few more spots all yielding some fish but a bit spotty for sure...we worked a couple of areas and made drops from 75ft to 150ft...by the time the trip was done some fellas had scratched together a catch...but over all it was a tough slow bite on all species throughout...the honest highlights were a few guys told me they had like 10 ling and a few blacks....i was disappointed to see a lack of codfish and most of the ones we caught were smaller...but unfortunately we can only catch whats there and decides it want to bite seemed to be a general condition and tough everywhere...
would like to thank everyone for making it out we loved having you sorry the bite was not on better this weekend but we did what we could certainly wasnt for lack of effort...thanks again-nsf

a apology for guests on sunday....i did end up with a few extra people on boat and it was 110% my fault and heres the reason...i associated 2 fellas that normally come together as 1 reservation and found out they were coming seperatly but didnt relize until we ended up with to many...i do try to limit most offshores to a number and try to stay close to that and dont make it a habit of surpassing that number however sunday morning was unbelieveable....normally we always are shorter on people than we expect...quite the opossite sunday.....i was sending at least 8-10 people without reservations away to other boats in county and some towards north jersey...it was hectic to say the least...as i said this is not common practice for me to end up in such a position...i would like to apologize for the inconvenience...and let you know that i value your patronizing my boat and always make myself available to discuss matters further with my customers and appreciate your input if you would like to reach out...thanks again--tim:wave:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.