BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our "new" boat that we purchased last summer has this unit installed in it. We added a 4/KW radar and Sirius weather to the system and planned to purchase a second screen to network the system this year. As our luck would have it the 6100i is being discontinued.

We are looking for advice from anyone who is in the know. There are display units available for purchase, but is it wise to spend an additional $1700 on a unit that is no longer in production? We loved the unit last year....that is why we purchased the additional components? HELP!!!!!

· Registered
731 Posts
I have a few 6100's demo units that I can sell you in case your interested. These are top knotch products, its ashame to see them discontinued. However, I must say the new navico stuff out there is fantastic. If your interested in a 6100 let me know!

· Registered
2,060 Posts
Don't worry, be happy

I don't think you should worry about the discontinuation. You should be able to pick up a second display if needed for some time to come at the usual merchants or on eBay. Service should also still be available for many years too. I'm still running a Northstar 961 made in 1999 and discontinued in 2005, but software updates and service are still available.

If you like the 6100 as many seem to do, stick with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.