BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally do not make posts like this but, I felt compelled to.

I went out with my 7 year old son yesterday to do some wreck fishing. Originally we were headed to Captain Robbins. I have always done well with him. We were informed that the captain threw out his back and would not be able to go. I had taken off from work and my son from school. I did not want to dissapoint him. Relunctantly, I headed to the Northstar.

I had not been on the boat in years due to the bad press it had received. It was a less than spectacular day. Captain Applegate was the captain. Other fishermen were grumbling as to how bad he was...He lived up to those expectations. I was told by Paul Barras's brother at the end of the trip that there didn't seem to be much effort. That was an understatement!

We did receive half off coupons for our next trip from Paul's brother. I can not vouch for Paul Barras. If Captain Applegate is the running the boat, do yourself a favor and do not go!!

Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
vaslim that stinks!! i dont know applegate, but i used to be party boat mate,and knew his crew well. he used to be a good capt when running his own boat. i guess he has lost the "fire". i do know one of the other capts on the northstar, jeff. he is a good guy and goes the extra mile(s) when he has to. i fished next to the him on wed at the ac reef, and was in contact with jeff all day. he moved when necessary and produced nice catch for the boat. its too bad you got a guy who is only there for the paycheck, and doesnt care about the fares

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not sure how far off they will ge for sea bass this time of the year. We were in site of AC the entire time.

The last time I went with Captain Robbins we had a two hour boat ride but, everyone caught fish.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I was wondering why Captain Robbins was in port the other day. Glad to here he is doing better.

Although I did not go out this year on the old brown and white boat but when I did in past years he never let us down.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Reason you stayed in site of AC is because the tog are on the inshore wrecks. If it was sea bass fishing I'd be surprised at your statement. Just a comment on the Northstar, Wreck fishing off AC on Sunday, 2 bouys out marking a wreck, anchored 3 feet from them, and guess who comes buy, the Northstar. He gave us a huge wake, I'm on the front of the boat adjusting the anchor, put us in like 6 foot seas. drove 5 feet from our markers. the wreck we are on is well published, did he need to get that close. He couldn't of been stealing the numbers because the wreck is on every chart. If you were on the Northstar on Sunday you know who I am. Thanks again Northstar.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Sounds like he needs a 12 ouncer thrown threw the windshield...he'll get the point pretty quickly..Just say you were trying to unsnag your line and you didnt know it'd break away so fiercely.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
tim

i know you might get angry but if you miss the boat and hit a patron, bad things can happen to you let alone the person who gets hit

i understand the frustration but don't go chucking a sinker

the beav

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.