BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after a few years of use, i sold off my st. croix fly rod on ebay. i hated the way that i cast it, so off it went. with the money that i got from that sale, plus the money froma recent sale of a penn conventional reel, i just went to Finatics in OC and bought two brand new Temple Fork fly rods. I got the TiCR 8wt 9'0" 4 pc rod, as well as the TiCR 10wt 9'0" 4 pc rod. Ed, the owner, is getting rid of his fly stuff (thanks for the heads up Dave D.), and i offered him $300 for both, and he said "SOLD".

I'm completely stoked on my purchase. Now I have two rods that I am going to enjoy casting.

For any of you that are interested in the TFO rods, Ed is willing to work on the price of the rods that he has left. I know that there was definitely a TiCR 9wt, I believe a TiCR 6wt, and definitely a Lefty Kreh Professional Series 8 wt.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Great Doyle....2 new "toys" you won't be able to catch anything with. :D ;)

Good luck with them and when the friggin birds/horseshoe crabs finally vacate the area, you can test them on the flats with me.

My area is closed from this Saturday through 6/7.

Give me a shout....haven't heard from you in a while.

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Joe Fantastic. Bobby came back with the 4pc 8wt & a 12 wt for Kathy. You did well.

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Don't suppose he is dumping any cheap Tibors? ;)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BassMedia: Ed said that he's getting rid of the stuff because there isn't enough of a market for it around here. He knows that there are a growing number of people that are getting into flyfishing, but he is not seeing them buy anything from him.

Ed, as for the Tibors, I'm not sure. I've never looked at any of his flyreels in there, so I don't know what he has. It's a short ride to find out.

By the way, the Squirrel and I have been riding our bike by your place every night and yelling "ED", but you never seem to hear. She does it by instinct now.

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
You guys should stop by and bang on the door!

I think I am going to come to the meeting this week, so we can catch up... how come you aren't doing IBSP Sat with the rest of the posse?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Joe what's there selection of flylines like? I need a int. 7wt...
I'll be in Brigantine this weekend.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Joe - When I called, Ed only had 2-piece 'light' rods. I'm looking for an easy traveling 4-piece 8wt. Do you know anyone looking for a 2-piece 8wt with case?

See you at the meeting Thursday.

[ 05-17-2006, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: Jim Warner_FlyNewbe ]

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
I can understand why Ed's getting rid of fly equipment -- I've been in that store a thousand times and have never seen anyone (other than me) go near the fly stuff. Hopefully, he's only bailing on the rods, reels, and maybe line -- I'd be bummed if he stopped carrying flies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts