BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The NJ DEP Commissioner is charged by law to carry out the bonus program as long as the state remains in compliance with the ASMFC.Right now NJ is still in compliance so finding the money to continue the program is in the Governor's hands right now. All the hype about the regs is just that "hype". Commisioner Campbell is playing games with our fish and our sport.Campbell and the Governor are gaffing New Jersey's anglers.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exactly, this administration is hostile to sportfishermen. They refuse to endorse Freedom To Fish and support permanent marine reserves. NO FISHING ZONES

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is not a partisan comment. McGreevy needs to go in 06. Their are Democrats out there who understand and support sportfishing in NJ like Rep. Frank Pallone and Rep. Rob Andrews.It doesn't matter if our Governor is a D or an R as long as he or she recognizes how important sportfishing is the NJ economy and gives us the support we need.

·
Registered
821 Posts
"McGreevy needs to go in 06." Hope we make it till then!

South Jersey...........the 51st state!

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Originally posted by Jim Donofrio:
tell us who needs to go in this election and maybe we can get it stuck at the top of the tackle box or i'll start a thread and we will bump it till they loose??????????????

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jack the big one for this year is making sure Kerry does not make it to the White House. The extreme Greens are salivating for him. If elected The Federal appontments will lean extreme green and that scares the hell out of me All the NJ Coastal House members are sportfish supporters Saxton, Pallone, Andrews, LoBiondo so I don't see any problems there. 06 is our chance to get a pro sportfishing Governor and it is too early to know who the players will be.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
NOW I KNOW SOME OF YOU DEMOS WHO ARGUE WITH THE REPU'S YOU CAN STILL ARGUE BUT AT LEAST THINK ABOUT WHAT JIM DONOFRIO SAID.ITS FAR FROM THE ONLY PIECE TO THE ELECTION BUT TO ME THINKING BEHIND THE TALK AND BULLSH!T THEY ARE THE SAME.FISHING AND BOATS AND THE WATER OCCUPY PROBABLY THE SECOND BIGGEST PIECE OF MY LIFE BEHIND MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS(MOST OF THEM ARE WATER RELATED).ITS YOUR CHOICE BUT AT LEAST THINK.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I hope McGreevey continues to fall. Sportsmen need to do what we can to get him out of there.

Gov's approval rating is skidding
Thursday, August 05, 2004
By TERRENCE DOPP
Trenton Bureau
TRENTON -- A series of extortion and sex scandals involving close confidantes of Gov. James E. McGreevey are taking their toll on his popularity, according to a public opinion poll released Wednesday.

Five out of ten likely voters said the corruption charges against two McGreevey financiers give them concerns about McGreevey's integrity, according to the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute survey.

Three in ten said it had no effect on McGreevey.

That same pool of likely voters disapproved of McGreevey's job performance by a margin of 47 percent to 38 percent in the tally.

In the Philadelphia suburbs, including Gloucester County, 36 percent of voters gave McGreevey passing marks, compared to 42 percent in the survey.

"A majority of voters said they are less likely to vote for McGreevey because of the scandals," said Clay Richards, assistant director of the Connecticut-based institute. "The governor lost the momentum he had gained from (increased) property tax rebates. People are saying they can't overlook this."

The survey of 996 registered voters has a margin of error of plus/minus 3.1 percent.

One Statehouse insider, speaking on condition of anonymity said: "Put a fork in him. He's done. You don't recover from numbers like that."

Two events occurred in the intervening period:

n U.S. Attorney Christopher Christie has charged McGreevey's largest contributor, developer Charles Kushner, with luring his brother-in-law into taped sex sessions with a prostitute as retribution for cooperating with an investigation;

n two weeks before that episode, a federal grand jury indicted David D'Amiano, a fundraiser and friend of the governor. According to court documents, D'Amiano is accused of extortion for soliciting bribes in exchange for McGreevey's help in a land deal.

In that deal, McGreevey is heard on one audiotape using the term Machiavellian, which some consider a code word to denote complicity in the scheme.

The poll also showed voters for the first time evenly split with 37 percent on whether they would like to see U.S. Sen. Jon Corzine challenge McGreevey in the 2005 primary. Republican Bret Schundler, who lost to McGreevey in 2001, is also in a statistical dead heat with 37 percent support among voters compared to 40 percent for the governor.

"Voters are seriously beginning to look for an alternative," Richards said. "Schundler is the most obvious choice because he's been around the track."

In hypothetical match-ups against Sen. Dianne Allen, R-Burlington, unsuccessful 2002 U.S. Senate candidate Douglas Forrester and Christie -- mentioned as a potential runner -- McGreevey came out on top.

Micah Rasmussen, a McGreevey spokesman, disputed the poll's findings. He pointed to recent surveys that he said contradicted the Quinnipiac study.

"People know he cares about what is important to them and he is fighting for what they care about. That's property tax relief, clean drinking water and educating our children. That's ultimately what we'll be judged on. And we're comfortable with that."

According to the tabulation, 61 percent of voters disagree with McGreevey's handling of property taxes -- a major theme of his 2001 campaign -- and respondents split at 45 percent when asked whether McGreevey cared about issues important to them.

Bruce Caswell, an associate professor of political science at Rowan University, said for McGreevey the most important number is those surveyed who said they would re-elect him. That number stands at just 30 percent, according to Quinnipiac pollsters.

He said public backlash to the scandals was stronger than anticipated.

"It's serious," Caswell said of the numbers' effect on McGreevey's chances for re-election."There was a big impact. So I think a lot of people in the Democratic Party will be worried about the governor's future and Republicans will be encouraged."

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
People know he cares about what is important to them and he is fighting for what they care about. That's property tax relief, clean drinking water and educating our children. That's ultimately what we'll be judged on.

Clean drinking water? Yea, that's what my vote will be based on. Idiots.

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
The extreme Greens are salivating for him. If elected The Federal appontments will lean extreme green and that scares the hell out of me

I hear ya' Jim. At the convention, they hid the freaks and misfits. Kept 'em out of sight, and talked bullets. Yep, they fooled me again. Idiots. :D

·
Registered
31,457 Posts
From what I read if McGreedy's ratings don't improve by the Pres. election the Dem power brokers will run Corzine against him in the primaries. I don't think McGreedy will get past his own primary.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
Originally posted by Jim Donofrio:
This is not a partisan comment. McGreevy needs to go in 06. Their are Democrats out there who understand and support sportfishing in NJ like Rep. Frank Pallone and Rep. Rob Andrews.It doesn't matter if our Governor is a D or an R as long as he or she recognizes how important sportfishing is the NJ economy and gives us the support we need.
YES MCGREEDY NEEDS TO GET HIS SKINNY ARSE BOOTED FROM OFFICE - HE LOOKS LIKE AN HIV POSTERBOY.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
"South Jersey...........the 51st state!"

I have to disagree. Puerto Rico is the 51st state. SJ will have to be #52! Woohoo!! I don't ever tell anyone I'm from NEW Jersey. I'm from SOUTH Jersey, gul dernit :D . The sooner we secede from North Jersey the better!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts