BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was flipping through the channels last nite and came upon the city council video session with the engineer and the new bridge plans layed out. Here is what I saw.

1. There will a fishing pier on the SP side near Circle Liquor store with parking.

2. Rainbow channel north and south side entries with parking on the southside for 25 cars. Ramp for canoes/ kayaks. Nothing mentioned about boats.

3. Vistors center and parking with another pier on southside /west facing SP.

From what I saw, and before some clown starting asking questions about lighting. The camera showed no real access to the banks like before.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Fishing pier (remains of the exisitng draw) on the Somers Point side is useless. Next to Waterfront Marina. The Channel will be re-dredged and re-located east towards OC. Will be hell of a cast to hit any deep water. My guess is the "fishing pier" over time will turn into a dock for Waterfront Marina like the Avalon Fishing Pier.

Thre's good thing and bad things in regards to fishing access with this project. It's a balancing act. This project is on the fast track construction wise, but still will be a long-term construction job. IEW Construction of Trenton, NJ landed a major portion of the job.

It would be great if both the bridge(s) had walkways like the Russ Chattin bidge/NC's Oregon Inlet bridge near the bridge landings at the shoreline. The idea is planted at Parkin/Bickerhoff Bridge Design department ;)

BTW, the environmentalists still want a hugh wetlands mitigation project in conjunction with this project. Guess where the money would come from? Remeber, the Highway Trust Fund is broke :confused:

BTW - test piles are schedule to be driven soon. Hugh Heloc metal ribbed steel piles and screw piles. If you see the barge, fish elsewhere. :eek:

Right of way acquisition on the OC side still up in the air. Can only guess when the condemnation letters will go out...Tackle Direct???? on the hit list????

[ 03-18-2005, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: Eric G ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Originally posted by Longcast:
Steve (Night Strikes),
I need to give me a call. Important

Jeff
Jeff, I just left a voice mail on your cell...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts