BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Striperaholic's bay report stated that it looked strange out there without the old bridge. Did they take it all down or did they leave up part as a fishing pier? Last time I was down the old bridge was still there and had construction equipement all over it.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
A part of it is still up. They didn't take it all down, but it looks like a warzone, with the amount of equipment. I still think fish will show once the bait comes in. There just is no bait. Maybe one more week.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
RhinoScores said:
Did they take it all down or did they leave up part as a fishing pier?
The last time I looked at the plans the old bridge is scheduled to be removed completely. There was a new fishing pier being built as part of the project. Of course with the condition of NJs budget the new pier could always get cut.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
walleye086 said:
That was my favorite bridge! :(.

I'm going to miss the cars buzzing 3ft awat from you...
Loved it at 3:30 a.m. ;)

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
The old bridge will be completely removed. A new pier is still in the plans, as per the contractor, as of about 2 weeks ago when I was last out there for work.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
it was great fishing there especially when the clubs were emptying out not only did you have to watch for the cops but you had to keep an eye open for flying beer bottles the thing that made those bridges good was the closeness of the light to the water and the current break caused by all the pilings guess that is a thing of the past:(

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
YoungGun24 said:
3:30am to 5:00am was the magic time.:D
Strongly agree, I am going to miss that spot as well. Never knew it was such a hot spot, it was always dead when I went at 3AM on Sunday nights.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
OC bridges

there are other bridges in the area that do produce but that one was the best the one over the inlet was also very good but that one is gone also it looks like they are trying to put us out of business in that area. I guess I will try the sod banks around that area would like some input on that type of fishing such as time -area-plugs or bait would appreciate any info via the way of email [email protected] thanks:) :eek:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Fishenough said:
A part of it is still up. They didn't take it all down, but it looks like a warzone, with the amount of equipment. I still think fish will show once the bait comes in. There just is no bait. Maybe one more week.
I haven't been past there in a couple of months, but it was a major project. I wonder how much fill, sand and debris ended up in the water changing the bottom composition of the area impacting the nearby biology.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I was there last night and no debris showing on my depthfinder. NONE!! I don't think the the weaks are going to be anywheres as good as before. As for the bass I think my #'s will be way down this year. No Pileings+no bait= no fish.. :(

I spoke to a C/O today he said today to the head supervisor, he said the fishing will be part of the x-tra lane on the bridge. A ramp at elbow (low tide should be interesting) for small boats like kayaks. He also said there 9 months ahead of schedule. Nice bonus at end HUH?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
If they have a ramp at Elbow, that won't be too bad. I could always launch the yak there and hit the sods that way.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Dogg,

Went over on Easter, the Rainbow Bridge is almost demolished.

memories, memories, more memories and November late night blitzes.

Jeff

1 - 20 of 26 Posts