BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i come out of northfield and travel only a short time under the longport bridge into oc. now is rainbow channel just south of the longport bridge or is it closer to the 9th street bridge? also where does kennedy park come in at.is there enough water to cruise around fishing at low tide? i am taking my boys out on monday and would really like to have them catch some fish. i was outon sunday and had only 1 short with a few blues mixed in. when i passed under the longport-oc bridge the fishfinder was lit up like a christmas tree but no botes????? thinking they were stripers.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Snatcher,
Rainbow Channel is the thorofare that flows under the first and largest causeway West of 9th st. bridge. Although this is a very productive area, the bottom is now full of mussels. Kennedy park is in Sommers Point about a 1/2 mile South of the Ships Channel bridge. As far as the water goes at low tide, stay near the channel markers and watch your DF closely. There are a few mud flats out there that I hope you don't run across! :eek:
I can't help you out with the fish that you marked on Sunday.
You chose a couple of good spots, I hope they work out for you.
Good luck with the boys.

Mako

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
I was under that bridge the other day driftin eels. Let's just say I ended up with half an eel most of the time. I have no problem with my 17' skiff at kennedy park at dead low, but I now launch at seaview ave in Linwwod. It's much more centered of a location for the area's I like to fish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts