BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We rented a place in West OC for a week in late July. I am taking my boat along to do some fishing and crabbing. I was wondering how the fishing is there in the bay and just off shore and what is in at that time.

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Late July the water will be on the very warm side. Many of the larger flounder will have moved off to deeper waters but there will still be a few big ones and many smaller fish around. Small blues but good eating size plus some weakies. Crabbing should be great around that time. We had a fantastic season last year and the mild winter should mean little die off.

Best thing is post again about a week before you head down and pick up some current info.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Your best to check back in here like chunking said a few days before you go.

Whatever you do, don't base your fishing on what you read at the Dolphin Dock board. They may be accurate but someetimes a week old and inflated....the guys over at Finattics will send you in the right direction if you ask them.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I have a house in OC and fish all sumer long. Plenty of big Fluke in the back in July. I myself only deal with finatics. Great shop. Always point you in the right direction. If I can ill give you some reports a few days in advance before you head down.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
I second Finattics. Great group working there. I realize you have a boat, but if the fluke action is slow. You could have a blast along the surf fishing for kingfish. Its always a fun option and they are great to eat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.