BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a website or store to get a good chart on the back bay waters of Ocean CIty. I currently have a chart produced by Charterboat Charts but this chart becomes somewhat disjointed around 9th street in Ocean City/Somers Point. If you have a suggestion please let me know the manufacturer of the chart. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Originally posted by TomOCNJ:
Does anyone know a website or store to get a good chart on the back bay waters of Ocean CIty. I currently have a chart produced by Charterboat Charts but this chart becomes somewhat disjointed around 9th street in Ocean City/Somers Point. If you have a suggestion please let me know the manufacturer of the chart. Thanks in advance.
CALL CAMPBELLS AND SOME OTHER BIG TACKLE AND STUFF SELLERS.ASK ABOUT ON LINE BACK BAY CHARTS.I HAVE ONE THAT WAS COPPIED AND HAS NO NAME ON IT.ALSO NOT SURE IF ITS HOMPORT OR SOMEONE ELSE WHO HAS GOOD BACKBAY CHARTS? PLEASE POST WHAT YOU FIND. THE ONE ON THE COMPUTER IS GREAT CAUSE YOU CAN ZOOM AND PRINT AND REALY LOOK AROUND.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
NOAA Small craft chart 12316 is hard to beat except it is not waterproof. All of the chart companies use this as the base material. Any mzrine dealer that sells charts should have them.
I have been using Maptech charts, print my fav areas on 8 1/2 x 11, sleeve them and put in a notebook.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Best one I've seen is Captain Bill Schuda's Homeport Chart #20. This was just updated last year and shows the ICW from Atlantic City to Cape May. Minmar Marine in Sea Isle City has one left.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
The Homeport Charts and Charterboat Charts are very similar, where the charts split is different and it sounds like the Homeport chart would be a better choice for you The #20 has both AC and Great Egg inlet on one side and goes south to most of OC. It also has the entire Great Egg Harbor River to Mays Landing The reverse side has South OC all the way to cape may. I stock both charts in the store.

For the ultimate detail you should get US Geological survey Charts which are tough to carry around, but will show you places you wouldn't believe exist.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts