BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know anything about this pier? Is it open? Did a search on the Barn and there are no references to it. Past it while on the Duke of Fluke a couple of years ago and my son wants to try it for flounder and blackfish. I was thinking of going on 4/15. Off that day.

Thanks for any info.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Its open 24hrs a day and 365 days a year..And it seems the fishing is just getting better and better every year since its been built there.

Good Luck Out There....

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, if the weather is half decent, I think we'll give it a try. I'm near Trenton so I guess it's about 2 hours drive. On good tog each and it'll be worth the trip.

Thanks again

Kevin

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Originally posted by Kevin2:
Thanks, if the weather is half decent, I think we'll give it a try. I'm near Trenton so I guess it's about 2 hours drive. On good tog each and it'll be worth the trip.

Thanks again

Kevin
Kevin, Bring your Striper Baits As Well ;)

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
caught the biggest blackfish of my life off that pier!!!! My shore house is right by it. i go there alot. great pier.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again for the info, I'm convinced. Let's hope for good weather and low taxes on 4/15
(I have to leave that day, my wife does the taxes that day, every year. She's an accountant, go figure).

Kevin

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
There's another pier a little west of there in Somers Point. The fishing isn't too bad but if you dress right you may get lucky!! :rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep, we've got a bridge (pier) net. Learned that the hard way on the Keansburg pier a couple of years ago. Usually, the fluke we catch there are no bigger than 20-21" if that. Mostly shorts. But....and this is a big but, my son hooked into one that must have been in the 28-30" range. Nobody had a net and it did flip off the hook. The next time we went with the net, nothing but shorts. Saw a guy use a bridge net to land about a four pound blue there, tore it up.

Kevin

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
It will probably start to produce more fish, but it doesn't compare to what it was like before. That old bridge and rockpile was the best spot. I can't tell you how much I miss that spot.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Went by there today and about 10 people fishing. Looked like they were faceing the channel though, not the new bridge. Fished there a few times last summer, some blues and a fluke or 2.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I saw some nice stripers caught there before. I have not been on that pier for a couple of years though. I was surprised not to see any tautog caught there when I fished it. Lots of skates in late fall.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Kayaks launch just fine out of the parking lot. But beware the tides out in the channel can take you out to sea in the time it takes to land a bass. And the waves on a se wind can plummel you into the icebreakers. Definatly not a kayak spot for begginners.
Barrell

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Originally posted by barrell:
Kayaks launch just fine out of the parking lot. But beware the tides out in the channel can take you out to sea in the time it takes to land a bass. And the waves on a se wind can plummel you into the icebreakers. Definatly not a kayak spot for begginners.
Barrell
You can really get in deep sh^t near that inlet bridge. A lot of water running in and out of there, Not a nice lace to be indeed.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Saw a guy hook about a 19" tog and have the line break with the hook still in its mouth. About ten minutes later his buddy caught a 19" tog with a hook in its mouth. Good pier

1 - 20 of 30 Posts