BASS BARN banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to ocean city maryland tommorow and staying on the beach. we are near a fishing pier. what can i catch at the peir about now? should i try surf fishing. any freshwater spots?anything helps

·
Registered
40 Posts
Fish the open bulkhead bayside from 2nd to 4th street. Get in the far north corner if you can. Tautog. Or fish from the North Jetty for Tautog. If you're talking about the pier that juts out into the ocean from the boardwalk don't waste your time. If you're talking about the oceanic pier by the oceanic motel at the west end of the inlet (don't know if they're open) you can fish the end of that and cast towards the rocks on the left or just drop straight down next to the pilings for tog. May even get some spec rigs or shad darts and chuck them in the inlet, should be some shad in there, just make sure you throw them back and good luck.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I concur with Longfin. If you can get some green/marsh crabs, or even frozen sandfleas, try for the tog at the N. Jetty or along the bayside bulkheads. There have been reports of some small stripers at the rte 50 bridge. About the only thing you'll get along the OC surf right now are dog sharks.

In a few weeks the shallows in the Back Bay should start giving up some flounder, but probably a little to early right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts