BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been relocated from NJ to Ocean City Md. For the next two fishing seasons (2 years) and have the following questions: 1) I was offered a slip for free (from my employer) at a place called Montigo Bay (@ 135th street). I would like to know how long of a ride it is from there to clearing the inlet (the cruise on my boat is around 23 kt?s) and what to expect as far as boat traffic in the summer making that run.2) I was also offered a slip (again from my employer but only paying ½ of it..) at a place called The White Marlin Marina. I would like to know how long of a run it is to clear the inlet from here also. 3) last of all I would like to know how far off you need to run (the average trip) to get to the Tuna and Marlin grounds....thanks...John

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
white marlin is minutes the other slip i think is over 45 min.and you better know the channel.lot of small boats the further up you get.if yo fish alot paying 1/2 might be cheaper.see what some others think?

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
White Marlin Marina is down closer to the inlet. In Montego Bay, it is probably at a home. That is a private neighborhood area. White Marlin Marina is close to the inlet and more fishing. I would say it is about 8 miles to the inlet...however, on the water, I have no idea what that means to you.....I know nothing about driving a boat, only being the passenger. Does that help? Also, Montego Bay would mean using the drawbridge, but I am pretty sure White Marlin is out beyond it so you would not need to depend on anything like that depending on outriggers, size, etc. White Marlin is probably the better location, but not sure about actual slip quality.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Milf... 135 St. is only a few blocks from the Delaware border. It is a beastly long run from there to the inlet and the channel in the upper part of the bay is almost completely indistinguishable. Boat traffic in the summer is MADNESS and I would definitely recommend being closer to the inlet.

·
Registered
117 Posts
White Marlin is home to the white marlin open in August. For 2-3 weeks before that it is shear madness with all the boats in that Marina. Most boats well over 45 feet. It is less than 1 mile over mostly no wake zone to the inlet. There is good fishing right at the marina to include stripers. I caught a 30 lb. fish sitting on the finger of my slip last year.

I use to keep my boat at 130th street for 12 years. I hated the ride. Mostly because every time you want to fish its 20-25 minutes.

My advice is to stay at the white Marlin. There is also a nice bar restaurant ccalled the reel inn with above average bar food not too expensive. If you haVE ANY OTHER questions e-mail me.
Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts