BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we have it down to the Ocean Pointe Suites in Key Largo or the Chesapeake Resort in Islamorada for our March vacation. I have read mixed reviews on Ocean Pointe, seems some units are nice and clean, while others not so nice. Would greatly apprecialte any more recent firshand hand experience with either facility.

From the pictures both look great and have boat slips.

Thanks again for those who responded to my previous thread.

Ed

·
Registered
529 Posts
Boatsmith,
Stayed at the Chesapeake several years ago. Wife and I had an ocean front room, friends of ours had "garden" view rooms. Get the ocean view room, pay a little more but much nicer. Small enclosed dockage if you bring a boat, overall a nice place. Right next door to Whale harbor charter fleet. If you're a BIG meat eater, Braza Lena, a Brazilian all you can eat joint, costs around 50/head but great chow. Next to that is an all you can eat seafood joint, OK. Whale harbor is GREAT for the happy hour drink prices, bar overlooks the charter fleet, you can hang out around 4:00pm and watch the charter guys come in with their catch.
No experience with the other spot.

·
Registered
912 Posts
HAVE NOT BEEN TO CHESAPEAKE BUT HAVE STAYED IN ONE BEDROOM COTTAGE EFFICIENCY AT THE ISLANDER IN ISLAMORADA.VERY NICE .DONT KNOW IF CHICA LODGE IS REOPENED ALSO GREAT PLACE.TRY ZIGGY AND MAD DOGS FOR DINER ITS AWESOME.ENJOY THE TRIP :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Chesapeake Inn/Islamorada Area

I know the area fairly well and have stayed at the Ches. and a few others in the area.
Feel free to call me 1 610 563 8862 as it would be a lot easier to chat instead of all of this key board
Blackfin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.