BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I towed my jet ski to Owls Creek Boat ramp this morning. I arrived at 0545 hrs and I am glad I got there when I did. Within 20 minutes the line to drop was already down the road, the Striper bite is hot right now and everybody is getting out on the water to try their luck. I departed Rudee Inlet in Virginia Beach right before sunrise, 36 degrees and 15-20 out of the West. I stayed pretty much from Rudee to the Ramada other than a run to the Golf Ball.
Today I caught 4 fish 36-40 inches and lost about the same. All were on a big spoon trailing a 42 oz Mojo. It was a slow but steady catch of about one every thirty minutes on the troll. I saw a couple more whales today. Here are a couple of pictures.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Great stuff Brian! That has to be so cool to see whales.
Did you ever try jigging with light tackle for stripes?

·
Registered
411 Posts
as of the 17 th the striper bitw disapeared out in the ocean youd have a better shot at bft's on mojo;s believe it or not we came down from phily hoping to be apart of some of that action but while we were down wed thurs fri thye may have been 10 bass caught im not a va local nor to i claim to know how the bass run in va but in my opinion thier gone

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wear a dry suit and survival suit and am very comfortable considering. Yes the bite has slowed to almost nothing this last week. I do not think it is over yet though. I am going to try for a little bit in the morning.

·
Registered
411 Posts
good to heat , i saw you out there taking pics of the whales right before the boat blitz hooked the bft any feedback from your trip would be great to hear

1 - 8 of 8 Posts