BASS BARN banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My experience in the kayak so far has all been in the bays and inlets around North Wildwood but I am curious if moving out into the Ocean as the water in the back heats up would pay off. I have minimal experience out in the ocean by boat or kayak so these are probably basic questions. My first question is would it be productive trolling within 3 miles of the beach during July and August? Is it necessary to troll near a lump or wreck or would parallel to the beach work? I am not picky as to what I am catching but what would the best targets be for trolling? Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jc I have a Hobie Outback with the foot pedal drive, it makes covering distance much easier, but I will try to pick my days. In the back which I am sure is different I will normally cover about 10 miles in an outing.

Brian- I have gone out through Herefords before and was planning on timing the tides to avoid peddling against them or having to launch through the surf. Do you find you are able to troll the storm shads deep enough? Have you had any success with the Mann Stretches?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.